secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited March 2014 in Commuting chat
So - what's our take on the mighty bun?

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I like fruit buns/loafs though not quite as much as I like malt loaf I will admit, so after Easter is best when they are all being sold off cheap!

If you don't wish to patronise a religious minority (or majority for that matter) simply don't eat them and leave me to pick them up when they are being sold off cheap, I have no issue with that!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Bottom's best.

They're a lot more than one or two for a penny now though.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    As long as its got butter in it. I dont care. But I am not paying silly money for them when it is easter, just because someone put a cross on it.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    rubertoe wrote:
    As long as its got butter in it. I dont care. But I am not paying silly money for them when it is easter, just because someone put a cross on it.

A toasted teacake is nice any time of year - but yes, only with butter. None of this fake butter nonsense.
  • secretsam
    Agreed, real butter is the only way to go

Personally, I'm a "bottom" man, I ought to vote I guess...should one vote in your own poll?

• rabk
    rabk Posts: 182
    SecretSam wrote:

Personally, I'm a "bottom" man

really? :shock:
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I got told off the other day by the EPO when I ate 2 tops at breakfast. Completely unintentional, promise!
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • secretsam
    Rabk wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Personally, I'm a "bottom" man

really? :shock:

ah, yes, hmmm :oops:

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    What annoys me about hot cross buns is when the supermarkets sell them all year round - kinda ruins it a bit. It's like them selling mince pies all year round. Makes them less special.... Not sure why they do it
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • secretsam
    What annoys me about hot cross buns is when the supermarkets sell them all year round - kinda ruins it a bit. It's like them selling mince pies all year round. Makes them less special.... Not sure why they do it

I wish they would sell mince pies all year round, they're lovely

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    SecretSam wrote:

I wish they would sell mince pies all year round, they're lovely

I know, so are HXB but it kinda spoils the whole special seasonality when they sell them all the time... At least they could take the cross off them and just sell them as "spiced buns" or something!
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    We hand them out on Easter Saturday to all the shop staff and shoppers in the town centre
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Which town.......not that I intend coming down to fill my boots......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Launceston ...
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    'they' handed them out in the village where I lived in the uk, I always checked that there wasn't a shilling hiding in there before eating :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Everybody to Launceston for Easter Saturday then. My wife butters and eats them cold, they are so much better toasted though.