Sensa Guilia Supremo - good value?

alex222
alex222 Posts: 598
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
A post that will bore many but thought I would throw it out there.

Only had my first road bike since May last year, but have been eyeing up an upgrade for a while now, for which I was all set on a Rose or Canyon (ultimate CF SL 7.0 or Rose CSL 2000). Anyway my work have just brought in a bike to work scheme, which rules out Canyon (as I want to spend over 1k) and Rose as it seems to make sense to take advantage of the deal.

Have seen this offer below and wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts, from those with more knowledge, on whether it's good value. It's the old 6700 rather than latest 11 speed, which doesn't concern me too much. Weight is low which is what I have been focussing on. I tend to do shorter rides (due to 8 month old baby and having to keep wife on side) over the Surrey Hills and enjoy the climbs, but I don't race.

http://www.merlincycles.com/sensa-giuli ... 68362.html

Thanks

Comments

• Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    They are great value, still fairly rare as well I don't know anybody who rides one

Edit: that model doesn't seem much cheaper than a custom model, you could get better wheels and current ultegra for maybe slightly more. I know, as I was looking at one
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I can't comment from a users perspective but in terms of spec it looks really good value. I have seen one in the flesh and they look the part.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Cheers for the comments. Think i just needed a bit of reassurance before pulling the trigger. Was planning on holding off buying my +1 until next year but bike to work scheme has "forced" me to get things moving sooner.