cwmcarn

stir88
stir88 Posts: 124
edited March 2014 in Routes
Hi All,
I'm going to Cwmcarn this Tuesday 11th and was wondering if the new pump track has been finished, if so where is it located.
Cheers for any help.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I don't think there is a pump track at Cwmcarn.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • stir88
    Thanks for reply JBA.
    I have a cognation brochure of all the trail centres in south wales and it says in there that there will be one soon but i dont know how old the brochure is so it might not be built yet or possibly scrapped. I will just check out the new xc loop, Cafall if its not too wet. Cheers
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    ^Same here - haven't heard anything about a pump track being built.

New "Cafall" XC has been open for a couple of weeks now and is great (see here for more: viewtopic.php?f=20007&t=12959237).
    New downhill not open yet, though.
  • stir88
    Cheers Guys, just thought i'd ask on here as i could not find anything on google about the pump track. Hopefully the new Cafall route will be dry by Tuesday. Cheers
  • Pump track is listed on the cognation website as due to be finished Sep-13.
    They definately havent started work on one thats for sure!
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    stir88 wrote:
    Hopefully the new Cafall route will be dry by Tuesday. Cheers

Don't hold your breath, just run mud tyres and enjoy.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    yeah there was supposed to be pump track, skills area, jump bit etc etc. like at llandegla.

for whatever reason it never materialised.

and as jim said, it's a great trail but expect lots of mud!!! and I mean lots
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    reckon it will have dried out a bit in the recent dry spell?

think of a ride tomorrow and can't be bothered to get absolutely gummed in mud when twrch runs so dry and fast.
  • stir88
    Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Looks like i'll be giving the pump track a miss.
    As i said, up there on Tuesday and will see how the weather has been over the weekend. Hopefully i will see someone who has just been on the Cadfall loop and ask them how its running when im there.
    Cheers
  • welshkev
    reckon it will have dried out a bit in the recent dry spell?

think of a ride tomorrow and can't be bothered to get absolutely gummed in mud when twrch runs so dry and fast.

Possibly. There was only 1 really bad section and then patches here and there. May have dried out as its been 15 degrees today and its supposed to last :shock:
  • Thewaylander
    turned out ok when i was there bit muddy at the top but tacky.

was suprised how much more climbi t feels like over twrch and darn its a lot steeper and tighter coming back down but was really good! tougher than some black rated DH i've been on lol.
  • welshkev

was suprised how much more climbi t feels like over twrch and darn its a lot steeper and tighter coming back down but was really good! tougher than some black rated DH i've been on lol.

Yeah deffo more climbing, but the downs are fun aren't they :)
  • stir88
    I rode Twrch trail on Tuesday and Cafall on Wednesday.
    It was a bit of wet mud at the top of Cafall nothing to slow you down too much. I really enjoyed the new trail especially the downs which had some great flowing sections. The only downside compared to the Twrch trail is the amount of barriers to stop motor bikes going on the trails which affects the flow but apart from that i preferred it over the Twrch.
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:

Yeah deffo more climbing, but the downs are fun aren't they :)

Some of those switch backs are proper tight and steep, its the one area of my riding i really struggle with. think its lack of flexability in the hips, once i stopped MA things just tightened right up. But yeh its great fun!