New Project - Help

Skipsey
Skipsey Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in MTB general
Hi Guys,

I have been lurking around this forum for a while but never really posted, so I think its time I get a little more involved :D

So basically I want to start a new project, I want to build a Single Speed jump bike but im lacking some imagination at the minute regarding the frame. ive been looking at Specialized p1,p2 etc and GT chuckers.

my two problems are budget (im not limited by budget really I just want to keep the cost as low as possible) and secondly my size im 6ft 2 and its been a long time since I was on a jump bike so I maybe worrying over nothing.

my main reason for wanting to build it is to help improve my overall trail riding etc and the odd commute to work (its only like 2 miles)

so any nuggets of inspiration and or links to frames for sale will be greatly appreciated.

in reward for help I will do a build thread to keep you all entertained. :D

Cheers

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For a jump bike used for jumping you really need a proper horizontal dropout frame, I wouldn't rely on a conversion kit that would be suitable for XC riding.
    GT Chucker, Scott Voltage, Spesh P1 (not P1 AM!), or a Diamonback (can't recall the name) are all frames that would fit the bill, I'd start by looking around to see what you can find and then posting back when you see something otherwise we could suggest something you then can't find!

Lots on ebay here's a likely one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-Chucker-XS ... 3cdd4b9977
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.