which bike?

michaelfreklo
michaelfreklo Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hello people,

I'm about to buy my first road bike. I was looking for an aluminum bike with shimano 105. I've been trying some bikes and this is my final list of bikes. I want a bike good for agressive ride but also comfortable for long smooth rides.

So this is the list

Cannondale caad 8 5 105 2014 $1400
Felt f75 2014 $1450
Giant tcr 105 2014 $1500
Trek madone 2.1 2013 $1200

I have a bugdet of $1500. Also which of them would have the best resell value of being the easiest to resell.

I know theres a lot of those posts on here but i could'nt find people comparing all these bikes.

Help me :) thanks!

Comments

• rnarito
    rnarito Posts: 20
    Ride all of them and find out which one of them fits you best. They are all comparable, with respect to specs, but in the end you have to find out which one fits you best.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    You know the spec and build quality as well as the ride quality is going to be good on all 4 of these, so it comes down to 3 factors:
    1) Availability
    2) Which bike shop you feel happier with regarding service/support
    3) Which one you best like the look of.
    I'd be temped to go for the 2013 Trek as you then have some spare money to put towards some new kit like clothing or a future wheel upgrade once you've worn through the stock rims.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Sprool wrote:
    You know the spec and build quality as well as the ride quality is going to be good on all 4 of these, so it comes down to 3 factors:
    1) Availability
    2) Which bike shop you feel happier with regarding service/support
    3) Which one you best like the look of.
    I'd be temped to go for the 2013 Trek as you then have some spare money to put towards some new kit like clothing or a future wheel upgrade once you've worn through the stock rims.

This is good advice and means you have some some spare money to use once you get into road biking more for clothing, upgrades etc.