Equilibrium headtube length

housemunkey
housemunkey Posts: 237
edited March 2014 in Road buying advice
Hey folks, this all relates back to my many questions about gruppos etc. This time it is about the winter frameset.

Loving the look of the Genesis Equilibrium but have a potentially moronic question. I would ride a 54cm frame and the quoted headtube length is 140mm. But this frame uses a traditional headset; so do I need to add the stack height of the headset I buy to the 140mm to get my true headtube length? Seen as different headsets have a different stack I don't see how that could be included into the 140mm quoted.

I'm sure the first post will probably cover this beginners one :wink: .....cheers :D

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Yes, you will need to factor in the stack height of the headset...
  • housemunkey
    Imposter wrote:

There we go, ta very much. I'm so smart me..... :roll:
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Another thing to consider is the Equilibrium has forks that are 375mm, which is a good few mm longer than your typical fork which is usually less than 370mm.
  • Imposter wrote:

:?: :?: :?:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • housemunkey
    Imposter wrote:

:?: :?: :?:

He answered my question and I was taking the pi$$ out of myself....
    styxd wrote:
    Another thing to consider is the Equilibrium has forks that are 375mm, which is a good few mm longer than your typical fork which is usually less than 370mm.

What I've done is add the stack of the headset to the quoted stack of the frameset; which I can then directly compare against the stack for my Look. So the fork length is included in that comparison. Not that anyone is fussed but the Look is 9mm less so need roughly one less spacer.

Cheers for the help everyone. Getting there now.