Cheap Chinese Action Cameras

kammybear
kammybear Posts: 500
edited March 2014 in MTB general
I bought an SJ2000 from ebay for £60 a few months ago and was impressed by the quality as I can't justify £300 on something that could end up on the shelf and last month bought the Sj4000 which looks identical to a gopro and works with all the accessories for £60 and even more impressed with it!

The cameras seem to be improving on a monthly basis and hopefully it won't be long till the eclipse gopro!

`even with the shitty youtube compression it still looks good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Ksbmlv ... uSlbCKDqYA

Why buy a gopro? Although truth be told...I want one!

Comments

• declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    There's a lot of rolling shutter there and the frame rate looks like it's about 15fps but apart from that the quality looks pretty decent for £60!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • kammybear
    kammybear Posts: 500
    Yeah, comparing it to other gopro videos clearly show it to be inferior! I think I'm gonna get a gopro later in the year depending on what the 4 will be like!
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    kammybear wrote:
    Yeah, comparing it to other gopro videos clearly show it to be inferior! I think I'm gonna get a gopro later in the year depending on what the 4 will be like!

Just noticed it has a 1080p option - is there the ability to record at 720p with a higher framerate? If so that would be a better option for viewing.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.