What bottom bracket for a 2012 Pinarello FP Uno

NITR8s
NITR8s Posts: 688
edited March 2014 in Workshop
So i noticed last night that I have play in my bottom bracket so it looks like it needs replacing. Just about to order a replacement.

Am I right in thinking that this http://www.evanscycles.com/products/shimano/105-5700-bottom-bracket-cups-ec023146 in the italian thread is what I need.

Also I never bought a bottom bracket before, is there actually much difference between the tiagra/105/ultegra etc

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    No idea which thread you have. Can you see what it says on the existing BB? English BB shell is 68mm wide, Italian is 70 if that helps.

I too have often wondered what difference apart from colour there is between the various flavours of Shimano HT2 bottom brackets. I replaced my 105 one with Ultegra a couple of years ago, but only because I spotted CRC selling them off for £11.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Seems the Italian cups will say 36 x 24 and the English will say 1.37 x 24, so give your existing ones a good looking at.

And the Italian ones both screw in clockwise / out anticlockwise
  • SkyFlyboy
    SkyFlyboy Posts: 24
    If it helps I switched out my 2012 pinarello fp due last year from shimano to campagnolo and it was an Italian thread bb it took
    2013 Focus Izalco Team SL SR EPS
    2012 Pinarello FP Due SR