Looky what just popped up on the Colnago website :shock:

http://colnago.com/c60-racing-2014-2/?lang=en
Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    C40 was a lot nicer... that Mamil geometry really sucks... :?
    left the forum March 2023
  • Square tubes, ehh? Bit like a Cervelo... :D
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Hmmm. I'm somewhat underwhelmed. Looks like any *insert generic carbon frame here* tbh.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    I think it looks nice. I'm intrigued by the BB, which claims to be a new standard:
    Key to the claimed increase in the C60’s stiffness is an all-new bottom bracket junction, with Colnago’s brand new press-fit standard, ThreadFit82.5. Colnago say they looked at the currently available standards and decided none met their requirements, so developed a new one. The key is the wider shell and removable threaded sleeves which can easily be replaced. It’s compatible with all versions of Pressfit 86.5 BB says Colnago.

It's not clear what this actually means. I.e. does a PF86 BB fit into it, or is Colnago actually making the BB? (Which seems unlikely.)

And if PF86 just fits into it, then what the hell is the point?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Oh dear, on looks it's a bit gash. The proportions and shapes of the tubes just don't flow. I expect it's a great bike though, they're lucky most people have no taste as far as aesthetics go.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Stand by. Just seen a pic in Art Deco paint...

QQ+Photo20140303212348.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    y-a-w-n ...
  • giant man wrote:
    y-a-w-n ...

Agreed, reported for trolling.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    NapoleonD wrote:

Aaaahh, my eyes :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Needs Oakley sun glasses
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    No wonder sourcing my C59 was so hard.

I'm picking it up on Friday and the C60 gets announced a couple of days before. Meh.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    guinea wrote:

I'm picking it up on Friday and the C60 gets announced a couple of days before. Meh.

IMO the C59 has a well balance mix of star, square and round tubing - this looks like it's gone into star/square overload. I'm sure it'll ride brilliantly though.

I'll stick to my C59 :-)
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    guinea wrote:

IMO the C59 has a well balance mix of star, square and round tubing - this looks like it's gone into star/square overload. I'm sure it'll ride brilliantly though.

Looks nice dave that c60, I should be getting my c59 next week fingers crossed
    Hows yours coming along?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • Oxo
    Oxo Posts: 144
    NapoleonD wrote:

This will be the C60 "Classic" then - just gorgeous! OFCG for me please :D

Anyone seen prices?
    Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
    Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    markyone wrote:
    guinea wrote:

Hows yours coming along?

All done and dusted last weekend Mark!. Had some bother setting up the front mech but the EPS is shifting bang on now and bloody hell it looks great with the RSYS SLR's :-) If we get a bit of sun up here at the weekend I'll do a round of pics for the Your Road Bikes section...
  • markyone
    markyone wrote:
    guinea wrote:

Hows yours coming along?

All done and dusted last weekend Mark!. Had some bother setting up the front mech but the EPS is shifting bang on now and bloody hell it looks great with the RSYS SLR's :-) If we get a bit of sun up here at the weekend I'll do a round of pics for the Your Road Bikes section...
    Cool cant wait to see it :D glad you are happy with it.
    Mine is a week or 2 away as mike from maestro has been in hospital and could not collect from Belgium,
    But he hopes to go with his son this Friday and bring back 26 c59s then he will deliver.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    http://colnago.com/geometry-c60/ Geometry

I haven't had chance to look if it's gone more mamil compared to c59 yet

At a glance, the 52s has gone a couple more mm in the headtube, but if it doesn't have press in cups this could be negated. Looks pretty similar at first glance of the numbers though.

Still look pretty gopping to me though compared to the C59 looks-wise, but I suppose it could well be superior to ride (I'd expect so from Colnago). Some people of course will just dribble at it just because it has Colnago written on it, but it just doesn't have the nice lines of the C59 to my eyes. I suppose those people who already hate the look of the C59's tubes will also not like this to look at though. I can't help but wonder if the the C59 will become a bit coveted if this is the way they are going, the C40 for example also looks pretty unbalanced to the eye. Each to their own but the C59 still looks the sweetest of the modern era to me.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Are they just reviving the Master X Light look but in Carbon?
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    So who's ordered one and who's got them at the best price ?
  • markyone
    edited March 2014
    avababy24 wrote:
    So who's ordered one and who's got them at the best price ?
    I have a new c59 coming next week, but I shall be talking to mike at maestro and see what he says as to how much he can get them for.
    I will order one but when, I will have to wait and see.
  • Mccaria
    I will probably go for the disc version. Cannot justify another Colnago rim brake frame !

Unfortunately with the current waiting lists it's looking like ordering a disc version now will mean an October/November delivery.
  • avababy24
    avababy24 Posts: 162
    Mccaria wrote:
    I will probably go for the disc version. Cannot justify another Colnago rim brake frame !

Unfortunately with the current waiting lists it's looking like ordering a disc version now will mean an October/November delivery.
    Who's quoting them delivery schedules then ?
  • Mccaria
    You have a PM
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Who else thinks Colnago are moving away from the beautiful colours they originally did when the C59 came out, many say it is because his nephew is controlling the marketing now!

Ernesto always claimed that there was no need for a larger BB or indeed for a frame lighter than 1000gms, yet we hear claims of this being around 800gms and with the new BB strikes me as more a marketing ploy than a necessity.

Probably rides nicer for those that can take advantage of it, but I can't take advantage of my two C59's so am not going to rush out to buy one with just for the sake that it might make me save 1/100000000th of a second :roll: :mrgreen:
  • markyone
    Velonutter wrote:
    Who else thinks Colnago are moving away from the beautiful colours they originally did when the C59 came out, many say it is because his nephew is controlling the marketing now!

Ernesto always claimed that there was no need for a larger BB or indeed for a frame lighter than 1000gms, yet we hear claims of this being around 800gms and with the new BB strikes me as more a marketing ploy than a necessity.

Probably rides nicer for those that can take advantage of it, but I can't take advantage of my two C59's so am not going to rush out to buy one with just for the sake that it might make me save 1/100000000th of a second :roll: :mrgreen:
    They are nice thou john :wink: