Can Steve Peters control Wayne Rooney's inner Chimp?

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited March 2014 in The cake stop
I think not!

This decision by Woy is akin to when Glenn Hoodle wanted to employ Psychic Eileen Drury.

Seen this sort of thing before, after success in one field (Clive Woodward Rugby World cup 2003 took on by Southampton F.C) that everyone jumps on the band wagon and thinks they've discovered the next big thing.

God only knows what roles Brailsford will be offered when he steps down at Sky.

After " negotiating " the peace between Froome and Wiggo he should be a better shout for Middle East peace envoy than Blair.

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    tim wand wrote:
    he should be a better shout for Middle East peace envoy than Blair.

I think that's a given
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    tim wand wrote:
    This decision by Woy is akin to when Glenn Hoodle wanted to employ Psychic Eileen Drury.

well not quiet as daft as that (but not a lot could be) praps he's there just to help the mind games of the penalty shoot out?
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • schweiz
    schweiz Posts: 1,644
    tim wand wrote:

Seen this sort of thing before, after success in one field (Clive Woodward Rugby World cup 2003 took on by Southampton F.C) that everyone jumps on the band wagon and thinks they've discovered the next big thing.

In fairness the Beeb reports that
    BBC News wrote:
    Teams he has assisted include the Great Britain Olympic cycling team, Team Sky, England's rugby union side & Liverpool FC.

So he does have experience in sports psychology outside of Team GB cycling.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    The thread title confused me, I thought Wayne Rooney's chimp was very much on the outer rather than tucked away inside anywhere. On a more serious note I've thought these kind of things only work as a supplement to the more fundemental aspects being right to start with, such as playing regularly for a club, technique, intelligence, pace and experience. Apply that criteria to the squad and to me all the mental coaching in the world isn't going to change much.
  • tim_wand
    My issues with it are.

Steven Gerrard (positive comments from the captain aside/ towing the party line)

Is that I cant see £300K a week Wayne and his equally erudite team mates responding to or showing any respect to Dr Peters.

They ll be too busy managing their Twatter feeds and planning Biographies stabbing Woy in the back when they don't perform.
  • Achamore
    Achamore Posts: 34
    ticks all the boxes for me:
    Archive: "For 12 years he was based at Rampton high-security hospital, working with individuals suffering from severe personal disorders"

get right intae them ...

Acha
  • tim_wand
    Achamore wrote:
    ticks all the boxes for me:
    Archive: "For 12 years he was based at Rampton high-security hospital, working with individuals suffering from severe personal disorders"

get right intae them ...

Acha

Well at least he'll be able to deal with the Narcissism.