Tinkov Writes!

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited March 2014 in Pro race
Regular blog on CN.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/oleg-tinkov/oleg-tinkov-my-first-blog

Initial thoughts, he's a better writer and uglier than I thought
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    "I want to ride a big part of each stage..."

He's growing on me.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • He promised us all cake too.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

There should be a Directeur Sportif classification for each stage of the TDF. Get all the team staff to ride the same stages as the riders.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

There should be a Directeur Sportif classification for each stage of the TDF. Get all the team staff to ride the same stages as the riders.

Riis ftw.
  • Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

Riis ftw.

Vaughters must have 5 years on him though...Bruyneel would have been a good shout if he wasn't such a fat 8) u :| :twisted:

@gietvangent
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

Riis ftw.

Vaughters must have 5 years on him though...Bruyneel would have been a good shout if he wasn't such a fat 8) u :| :twisted:
    Typically Sky have used marginal gains and have a DS who is only 34 (Portal). Elsewhere, Pinotti is still fresh and Wegelius could probably still do a job.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

Riis ftw.

Riis makes him look Slim Shady (appropriately enough). Besides, The Hog is banned :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    And Riis isn't??????
  • Richmond Racer
    And Riis isn't??????

Technically... Not yet...
  • I think we're missing the point here... The shadowy svengali behind a controversial and successful team just offered us his thoughts on the sport in a public forum...

And free cake.

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    And Riis isn't??????

Technically... Not yet...

Well in my head they're all racing and when Riis crashes he only starts bleeding 20 mins later, and even then it's basically jam.

So nerr.

Anyway, I found the article a little boring. Has a similar tone to every single conversation I ever have in my job when I ask them to talk about themselves and their job/market.

'Well, I'd like to do this but my wife won't let me (move)...Oh, the rumour everyone talks about? I'm not actually any the wiser than you are but I'll give it a stab because i'm in the industry, even though the person taking this down is probably in a better position to know" etc.
  • Richmond Racer
    I think we're missing the point here... The shadowy svengali behind a controversial and successful team just offered us his thoughts on the sport in a public forum...

And free cake.

Considering the day, he could have offered pancakes. He SHOULD have offered pancakes...
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,538
    Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

Riis ftw.
    Riis is a bit of a fat bustard and his blood isn't quite as thick as it once was.
    Brian holm will muller him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Crampeur wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:

He's growing on me.

Riis ftw.
    Riis is a bit of a fat bustard and his blood isn't quite as thick as it once was.
    Brian holm will muller him.

A fruit corner or a crunch? Fruit corner, strawberry flavor, he's already got the jam for it.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    ghost-writer.jpg
    For sure.
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Depends if Riis gets juiced up for the occasion, Mr 60% and all that. going back to laugh at the other DS's on the climbs :)