MAMIL *Wanted dead or alive*

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited March 2014 in Commuting chat
WANTED

this MAMIL has been spotted on Embankment this morning and expected to surface again during this evenings rush hour
7736CDAA-4D84-44AE-9AFD-D5A0A88398B4-3201-000004318260561E_zpsefa97a91.jpg

he's riding this typical MAMIL machine, including the deep rim wheelset
IMG_9573_zps343f1149.jpg

even has the cheek to have FCN 0 written on his messenger bag, just begging to be Owned!

:twisted:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Shame I'm up here. Got a 6th on Strava this morning, wait for it, on my studded tyred MTB on a road segment. Hah hah - averaged 28 mph on a 44 x 13. Need to get the road bike on it though

Commuting on deep rims and a Cervelo = target.
  • Gay69
    Gay69 Posts: 13
    Oooh!

The sight of that skewer on a big pink pillow, it's got me all of a dither.

I just know I'm going to take him up the Embankment tonight
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Still reckon that was their second most beautiful bike. The aluminium version, in black/gunmetal, was the most beautiful. IMO
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Gay69
    DonDaddy, are you flirting with me?
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    edited March 2014
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Still reckon that was their second most beautiful bike. The aluminium version, in black/gunmetal, was the most beautiful. IMO

Like this?

5E8A4478-6B92-46B4-8CD9-07BD759F7FD6_zpsaei34v6u.jpg
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • DonDaddyD
    Yep, that''ll do...

zy8eo.gif
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    It's one of mine. I rode to work on it today.

My first bike when I got back into cycling was an S1 that was too small. I flogged it and I've missed it ever since. Riding that Soloist to work this morning I realised I wasn't wearing rose tinted glasses all these years, it's just a bloody good bike.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Gay69
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yep, that''ll do...

zy8eo.gif

Oh stop it you tease!
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Legs appear undersized for the wheels... an easy catch, I would say... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • Bring.

It.

On.

(I'll be heading off in about 15 mins. Is everyone ready?)
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Who leaves at 4pm? Obviously running scared.
    Food Chain number = 4

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I do,

I'm on it.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rubertoe wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

I do,

I'm on it.

There's one who's been drawn away by the chaff :twisted:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
  • spasypaddy wrote:
    are you actually on your TT bike tonight?

No. The SLC-SL. Since the weather's nice - nicer than it's been since, oh, September last year, I reckon, I fancied giving it a run out for a few days.

Thought about wearing my IMC finisher cycling jersey, but thought that would be de trop...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    Since when did you get a TT bike:

1. I thought you weren't going to, I mean you didn't use one for the Iron man

2. I thought you were too old and your back wouldn't allow you to because of the age

???
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Since when did you get a TT bike:

1. I thought you weren't going to, I mean you didn't use one for the Iron man

2. I thought you were too old and your back wouldn't allow you to because of the age

???

I got one the month after I got back from IMC. It was a v cheap ebay purchase that was too good to pass up. Moved all the mechanicals from Bike 1 as I had adapted it for IMC. As I had set up Bike 1 with aerobars and 11s, I had a second drivetrain anyway - the roadie front end and 10s bits. So the TT bike got the aeros and 11s and Bike 1 was rebuilt as it had been - roadie plus 10s.

I had to get a new set of brake callipers for Bike 3 (P3, Bike 3, geddit?) and some cables and outers and that was about it. Oh, and another set of wheels, which also came from ebay.

It turns out that if you spend enough time draped over one of those things in a position which cannot be called comfortable, it ends up being a position you can almost call comfortable. Weird.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    This thread reminds me that a mate has borrowed my soloist. I must get it back off of him. Lovely bikes they are....
  • itboffin
    mroli wrote:
    This thread reminds me that a mate has borrowed my soloist. I must get it back off of him. Lovely bikes they are....

Jeebus i need mates like you :shock:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited March 2014
    itboffin wrote:
    mroli wrote:

Jeebus i need mates like you :shock:

Meh. You've got mates like me. Much better. :twisted:

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • itboffin
    checks address book ....nope nothing!

:wink:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I didnt see him,

He must have been behind me...
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • LiveGiantly
    LiveGiantly Posts: 348
    DonDaddyD wrote:

???

:lol:
    I ride with God on my mind and power in my thighs....WOE betide you!
    I know I'm not the fastest rider on earth BUT I KNOW I AM NOT the slowest!!!
    If you Jump Red Lights in order to stay ahead you are a DISGRACE!!
  • Just so y'all know, tonight may be the last appearance of Bike 1 for a while. No bike tomorrow, and as soon as the weather switches back to "shit", it will go back into a dry place.

Biggest surprise using it has been that in the dry carbon brake surfaces - with the right pads - are perfectly fine. Not really what I expected at all.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A