Gopro help/opinions

taffygriffiths
taffygriffiths Posts: 186
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
right... so... my birthday is next week, and i currently have a Gopro hero3+ black sitting here waiting for said day...

It was £309 off amazon...

with some recent poking about for accessories i have come accross the Hero3+ silver on ebay, off what seems a reputable seller, for £190...

now... im contemplating returning the Black, and swapping it for the silver edition... a saving of £120 which would go very nice towards a reverb seatpost...

does anyone have the silver? do you ever think you should have bought a black? will i regret it?

opinions guys?

Comments

• mali01
    mali01 Posts: 81
    I have the silver purely because i didnt need/want the features of the black. 4k recording!!! maybe in 3 years time when 4k tv's become affordable. I dont need the remote because i have an iphone and ipad.

I think 1080p 50fps is where technology is at for the masses for viewing. In reality unless your a pro your not going to notice the difference.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have the most basic version (white?) and it still has far more features than I ever use and video quality is great. I don't ever use the highest quality because it creates massive files which take forever to convert on my pc an upload.
    The wifi feature is useful, you can set up the camera halfway down a trail then use your phone to start it filming when you are ready to go. You can watch what you have recorded through your phone as well.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    As above, I went for the 3+ Silver as I felt the features of the black were excessive for my needs.

It would seem a lot of professionals use the black, but for the average joe in the street the Silver should tick all the boxes.

And a phone app makes the remote pretty pointless.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If you are going to get shots at differen angles, maybe get a mate to video you, throw some slo mo in and a few mood shots, plus you are super gnarly then keep the black.

If like most of us it's a chest, helmet or rear facing shot of you and a mate bumping awkwardly down a trail then get the silver, or even something cheap and cheerful like this

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/g-eye-escape ... 95222.html
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • magic!

ive ordered the silver off ebay, once i know its good, the black can go back to amazon, and we will be £120 better off!

im holding you all to it being good mind!! :lol: