Cube vs Specialized frame size,

mattgeezer
mattgeezer Posts: 1,805
edited February 2016 in Road buying advice
I have a specialized Allez at the moment, frame size 56, i am looking to get a Cube,

would a 56 in cube compare to the 56 specialized? i am 5foot9 so at the beginning of the 56frame size guide in specialized,

I know i should ideally visit a shop and try the bike but no where local has the bike i want left (2013 model)

Many thanks
Allez 2013
Pitch 2011
GT Moto 2003

Comments

• taimur
    taimur Posts: 173
    Usually Cubes are sized up wards to other brands so... if buying 54 in others, cube would be 56.

With that said, Sizing is personal. For example i am 5''9+ and i ride 53 Cube litening. Previously had a Cube Agree 56 which made me feel stretched. i am not flexible and i long torso and fractionally shorter arms than average. U need to look up Effective Top Tibe lengths and compare your existing bike's and the frame you are planing on. Perhaps head for cyclesurgery or some other cube dealer and try hopping on to try the frame size out. Cube frames have not changed in dimensions since 2010 as far as i can tell only weight savings.

if you look at 2013 Agree GTC here:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/pk/e ... rod111920#
    The sizing chart suggest you are at the uper range of 56 so yes 56 should be fine!

good luck
    1996 Cannondale M500 CAAD3 (Hardtail MTB)
    2007 Cannondale F700 CAAD
    2010 Cube Agree SL (Road, retired)
    2011 Cube Litening Super HPC DI2 Frame, with Ultegra Di2 Components
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Hi Matt

I had a 56cm Allez and then bought a 58cm Cube Agree GTC Race. Had bike fit on both, no indication that I had wrong size so my advice is that (assuming the 56cm Allez fits) you need a 58cm.

HOWEVER!!! I notice you are 5ft 9? I'm 6ft tall so maybe the Allez was too big for you?
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    My Cube was a 56 and it measured up with just under a 53 virtual TT.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    56 sounds a bit big for a Specialized at 5`9 but if it fits you and you wanted to replicate it in the Cube the closest looks like the 58, but the head tube would be huge. You can study the geometry on their website.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    It depends on your body dimensions and your preferences really.

I’ve got a 58 cm semi-race orientated geometry Cube that others have pointed out would be a 56 in any other brand. I’m 5’ 10” with 33” inside leg, average sized torso and fairly long arms and the Cube fits me perfectly. I think I could also get on with a 56cm Cube (although I’ve never tried one), but would need a longer stem and more seatpost showing to compensate.

You might have heard this before, but it’s easier to make a small frame big, than it is to make a big frame small.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • dfriel2
    dfriel2 Posts: 47
    I have a 56 frame Secteur, and 5 ft 10in with short legs (about 31"..). The bike is a little large although very comfortable, but the 54 was a bit tight. I'm looking to upgrade to a Cube Peloton Race and recently tried a 56 frame. Was a perfect fit.

Hoops Velo in Farnham were excellent, and I'll be buying the bike from them... subject to funds..
  • moscowflyer
    moscowflyer Posts: 540
    Yep, go a size up. My Allez was a 58 and the Cube is a 60.
  • gazman428
    gazman428 Posts: 111
    I agree I ride a 56 frame normally but needed a 60cm cube. But this made the top tube too high for me.
  • mattgeezer
    mattgeezer Posts: 1,805
    Still not 100% sure what size :(
    Allez 2013
    Pitch 2011
    GT Moto 2003
  • mattgeezer wrote:
    Still not 100% sure what size :(
    Me neither ..???