Specialized Enduro Comp and Merida One Sixty 2

markwaters
markwaters Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hiya,

I'm about to leap into the world of full suspension MTB with a budget of £2500ish . I had my eye on the Specialized Enduro Comp 26 but I saw the Merida One Sixty 2 for the same price (£2600) and it looks like it has better spec. However I can't find any reviews of it so I'm a bit wary of it. Was hoping to get a 26" but I guess I could be swayed otherwise. Any thoughts would be appreciated, or suggestions of completely different bikes. I thought choosing a bike would be easy, clearly not! Links below:

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Merida-One-Sixt ... _64942.htm
http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-End ... _65791.htm

Thanks!

Mark

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    If I was going for a heavy hitting full sus bike of this type I think I would probably be going for either an Enduro 29, I rode one and it's very good. Or a Nukeproof Mega AM, great ride at a bargain price. Or a Kona Process 153, its getting top reviews.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    +1 for the kona, avoid 29ers of long travel IMO test ride lots if you can, if you like the enduro go for it, not sure if you can test merida
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Have you ridden a long travel 29er? The Enduro 29er is one of the best hard hitting bikes I have ridden.
    Last weekend at the FoD downhill race Tracey Moseley posted a time fast enough to win women's elite category and not far off fastest time of the day on a Remedy 29.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I'd seriously look at the new YT Capra. Carbon frame, Pike RCT3's, Monarch Plus, E-13 wheels and either 2x or X01 drivetrain, the spec is incredible and if initial reviews are to be believed a genuine game changer.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    lawman wrote:
    I'd seriously look at the new YT Capra. Carbon frame, Pike RCT3's, Monarch Plus, E-13 wheels and either 2x or X01 drivetrain, the spec is incredible and if initial reviews are to be believed a genuine game changer.
    Ooh yeah, forgot about that, get that, those bikes are awesome :) or get the wicked if your less rich.
  • Thanks for the replies, yeh I've seen reviews of the process and it looks tidy. Looks like one of the shops near me has a test Process 153 - I guess that'll be my starting point! Looked at the YT and it looks great although I'll probably need to get a bike on finance and doesn't look like that's an option.

Mark
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Cqc wrote:
    lawman wrote:
    Ooh yeah, forgot about that, get that, those bikes are awesome :) or get the wicked if your less rich.

If I was staying in Wales after I graduate it'd be damn high on my wishlist, the spec for the money is unreal, pop some XTR brakes on it's pretty much perfect. Alas I'm moving back to the midlands and 170mm would be wasted :(