Forum home Mountain biking forum The Crudcatcher

Cycling on Top Gear

RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 14,770
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
I'm surprised there isn't already a thread about how Clarkson should be strung up after last night's episode of Top Gear. I'm sure the roadies have already started plotting his assassination.
Apart from the usual p1ss taking I thought they weren't too far off the truth.
Learn the difference between green and red.
Don't be a d1ck if you don't want others to be d1cks to you.
Bus drivers are the biggest danger to cyclists (not lorry drivers) on city streets.

Posts

  • BigAlBigAl Posts: 3,122
    Bit surprised there's no thread too.

    I like Clarkson - but don't necessarily share all of his views. And last night was done to provoke a response and perhaps stimulate debate - why else would Boardman and Co. get involved.

    And, as is often the case with JC, in amongst the bluster and silliness was a serious point - about buses
  • bg13bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Whats cycling got to do with this forum? Bet the communters are writing to the daily mail as we chat!
    Loving life in rural SW France

    Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • 97th choice97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I thought it was disgusting and insensitive. Chris boardman is just whoring his brand, but Alan Kennedy should look to his conscience and resign.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

    Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • I thought the topgear infomercials were concise and to the point.
  • RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 14,770
    I thought the topgear infomercials were concise and to the point.

    The red or green one was brilliant.
  • Dannyboy95Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
    im sure we all sen top gear on sunday and im feel the cycling section was quite hilarious very witty what are your thoughts? i thought the RLJ skit was quite clever not to mention hysterical :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

    NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

    D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
    :Giant Roam 3
    :Bianchi Nirone 7
  • Dannyboy95Dannyboy95 Posts: 245
    well this says it all hahahahah
    viewtopic.php?f=40052&t=12960603
    cosna kick a bo agen a wo and ed it back till it bos-UP HANLEY ME DUCK

    NO STAIRWAY....DENIED!

    D.Leyland
    Current Bike-TREK 4500
    Previous Bikes
    :Giant Roam 3
    :Bianchi Nirone 7
  • angry_birdangry_bird Posts: 3,783
    I just watched it and rather enjoyed it, glad they didn't take it too seriously!

    Incidentally I saw them filming the final part of their sensible advert thingy a little over 3 weeks ago. I managed to slip through the traffic jam and ride down a deserted Whitehall while they camera crew and police were faffing about up near Downing Street. It wasn't me in the episode though :lol:
  • RockmonkeySCRockmonkeySC Posts: 14,770
    Dannyboy95 wrote:
    well this says it all hahahahah
    viewtopic.php?f=40052&t=12960603

    Amazing. Did the OP actually take any notice of what was actually said?
    I commute 170 miles by bicycle each week on a mix of rural and busy urban roads and I would say that in between the jokes it was spot on.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 20,215
    bg13 wrote:
    Whats cycling got to do with this forum? Bet the communters are writing to the daily mail as we chat!

    Plus bus sized potato
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,819 Lives Here
    Bus sized potatoes are very dangerous, they can kill you to death if you don't wear a helmet.
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bus sized potatoes are very dangerous, they can kill you to death if you don't wear a helmet.

    Don't get me started on the whole helmet wearing thing :wink:

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12960588

    :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • lancewlancew Posts: 680
    I thought it was great fun, but I took it with the same skepticism that I treat all of topgear with, and think its a great show.

    When he was saying about the type of road users that were horrible did anyone think he was going to mention the other cyclists? I find London cyclists to seem very scary, and the one time I road through London I was being bunnyhopped by angry people every time I stopped at the lights.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • welshkevwelshkev Posts: 9,690
    I thought it was great.

    all people who ride bikes are [email protected] anyway
  • markhewitt1978markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Lancew wrote:
    When he was saying about the type of road users that were horrible did anyone think he was going to mention the other cyclists? I find London cyclists to seem very scary, and the one time I road through London I was being bunnyhopped by angry people every time I stopped at the lights.

    Yes, when he started about "you know what the worst thing is" I thought he was going to go off talking about other cyclists, but he started on the buses.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,819 Lives Here
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bus sized potatoes are very dangerous, they can kill you to death if you don't wear a helmet.

    Don't get me started on the whole helmet wearing thing :wink:

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12960588

    :lol:
    I'm guessing that's the link from the kicking off thread. I had a quick look and decided life's too short to read another thread full of helmets.
    Regarding the Top Gear bit I thought it wasn't too bad. It's not like they were ever going to convert and start wearing lycra. I like the exhausts on that Porker.
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bus sized potatoes are very dangerous, they can kill you to death if you don't wear a helmet.

    Don't get me started on the whole helmet wearing thing :wink:

    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40020&t=12960588

    :lol:
    I'm guessing that's the link from the kicking off thread. I had a quick look and decided life's too short to read another thread full of helmets.
    Regarding the Top Gear bit I thought it wasn't too bad. It's not like they were ever going to convert and start wearing lycra. I like the exhausts on that Porker.

    It's the thread itself, apparently it's a very valid discussion to have and if you don't have anything useful to say then stay out of it.......as I was told yesterday :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 24,819 Lives Here
    arran77 wrote:
    It's the thread itself, apparently it's a very valid discussion to have and if you don't have anything useful to say then stay out of it.......as I was told yesterday :wink:
    Some thing useful on the helmet debate? How about "Wear one if you want to, it's your choice and it's not up to anyone else to tell you what to do." That's the most useful thing a person could say, but I suspect that sort of sense won't be welcome.
  • arran77arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    It's the thread itself, apparently it's a very valid discussion to have and if you don't have anything useful to say then stay out of it.......as I was told yesterday :wink:
    Some thing useful on the helmet debate? How about "Wear one if you want to, it's your choice and it's not up to anyone else to tell you what to do." That's the most useful thing a person could say, but I suspect that sort of sense won't be welcome.

    Probably not!!
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

    seanoconn
Sign In or Register to comment.