Thule Cycle Carrier 9502 / 941/921

pash02
pash02 Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Thule Cycle Carrier 9502 / 941/921
Hi I am looking at the above carriers but;

I am worried about the carrier moving side to side or up and down whilst driving at speed!
(as the one I use on the tow ball at the minute starts to move from side to side above 50 MPH NOT a Thule though just some cheapo scissor type)

I have read a review saying the 9502 is not very stable but the 9503 is stable.
Has anyone got any of the above and what do they think of their carrier?
Thanks

Comments

• bladeone
    bladeone Posts: 94
    Hi I've got the 941 I was also dubious about how secure they are but after using it it is a very good piece of kit, it just took a Bit of jiggling to get the bike sat in right places to stop bike eating each other as they are quite close, found I had to offset them slightly, and the tilt mechanism is a real bonus.
    YT Capra Pro Race
    Trek Remedy 2013 (sold)
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro (sold)
    Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo
  • paul20v
    paul20v Posts: 267
    Hi
    Ive got the g2 921
    Its easy too fit once adjusted too the ball its solid , you can even grap it and lift the car up and down on the suspension with virtually no flex
    As for twisting it sideways i tried that too again solid
    I have no issues at all loading it with the bikes and going anywhere with it 8)
  • pash02
    pash02 Posts: 5
    paul20v wrote:
    Hi
    Ive got the g2 921
    Its easy too fit once adjusted too the ball its solid , you can even grap it and lift the car up and down on the suspension with virtually no flex
    As for twisting it sideways i tried that too again solid
    I have no issues at all loading it with the bikes and going anywhere with it 8)
    Thanks for that
  • I have the 9503 and it is solid, I have travelled all over the UK with it and not had one problem, even at motorway speeds.
    Transition Trans AM 27.5
    Niner ROS9
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Also have the Thule 9503
    its fantastic very solid and holds 3 bikes easily and they are nicely spaced so the don't rub
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • YellaBelly
    YellaBelly Posts: 130
    Another with the 9503. Only just started using it but v impressed by how solid it mounts. Fantastic being able to space the bikes apart to stop them damaging in transit too.

I also parted with about £15 for a locking "cap" type thing. It locks over the screw-head mounting system and spins freely, so nobody can undo it, whip the entire rack off and throw it into the back of a transit van when your not looking.