swinley first closure???

Cqc
Cqc Posts: 951
edited April 2014 in Routes
Is it true that swinley is closed due to the flooding???

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    yep. About 40% remains open.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Yes, seriously boggy in places! Still spring is nearly here, so hopefully start drying out soon. Shame as such a great trail venue.
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Cheers
  • Palmer82
    Palmer82 Posts: 21
    Any update on whats open?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Most of the red. All of the blue is closed. There are signs and diversions on the closed red sections.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • booldawg
    booldawg Posts: 290
    Any update on this? I know the last word on this was only Wednesday and its unlikely to be much better since then but has anyone ridden there today?

We're due to go there tomorrow. If its as shut as it was mid-week we'll do what we can. I've put together a 10 mile loop of fire-roads as a plan B but would be nice to get on the trials.
    1999 Scott Vail - Work commute
    2015 Giant Anthem 27.5 SX - Weekend riding

East Hants MTB on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/288056017965343/
  • booldawg
    sorry, posted above before finding this online from the FB page:

Quick update from Crown Estates - 7th March.

The blue route will remain Closed this weekend. We are hoping that the trails will dry out enough to start firming / hardening up.

There will be a full inspection early next week - we anticipate doing a partial opening of sections of the Blue later next week.

As always please please keep off the closed trails, the orange material has to dry out / firm up before it will last.

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Was good fun out there today. I normally avoid the marked trails anyway but did a few open bits just to see. The yellow shit is pretty claggy.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • booldawg
    Well we rode what we could! Don't know it well enough to go off piste. Went there with someone who's only just started out riding so she wasn't up for a big pedal so exploring/getting lost wasn't an option!

We did a fair bit of the Red. Trouble was people had been messing around with the diversion signage, breaking through tape etc.

Was a lot better than I thought it would be. Shame the Blue was shut as I prefer that to the Red.

• _Nick_
    _Nick_ Posts: 9
    as of last sunday i would say about 70% open now
  • m_cozzy
    m_cozzy Posts: 132
    As of tonight, 98% easily. All the good bits were there. 2 closed short bits due to migrating newts or something like that rather than damaged trails.
    Banned from singletrack forum again :-)