Hope Pro2 Evo 10 speed to 11 speed...

IanTrcp
IanTrcp Posts: 761
edited March 2014 in Workshop
Hi there,

I have a road wheel built with a Hope Pro2 Evo rear hub, currently running Shimano 10-speed.

Can I simply convert to 11 speed by buying and fitting the required freehub, or will re-dishing or anything similarly complex be required?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    You need to ask Hope...
    I am not sure it will work as the new 11 speed freehub has been designed for the new Mono RS hub, which has a narrower flange from the previous PRO 3. PRO 2 and PRO 3 were interchangeable in terms of freehub, so....
    left the forum March 2023
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    I'm too lazy to look but do hope make a campag freehub body that can be put on the hope hubs? You could then run a campag cassette?

Just a suggestion.
  • wrayste
    wrayste Posts: 23
    I asked Hope this very same questions as I am looking at using the Pro 2 Evo in a build for a road bike with the 6800 groupset.

They confirmed that it was compatible with Shimano 11-speed, they didn't give lots of information though.

From other reading I have found on the internet, it appears that only the latest version of the hub supports Shimano 11-speed.

Altough never heard of them before, these guys are explicit: http://www.moonglu.com/shop/hope-pro-2- ... ron-cross/

"Wheels ordered after 8th Oct 2013 will be supplied with the updated Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub featuring a 40 tooth ratchet ring and faster freehub engagement. These hubs will also be compatible with 11 speed Shimano cassettes."

Hope this helps.