Aero Seat Posts

j_mcd
j_mcd Posts: 473
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Does anyone have any recommendations for lights and clip on mudguards that work with aero seat posts?

My Lezyne back light doesn't like the post shape at all and my emergency clip on mud guard was a total non starter this morning, leading to a very wet arse...
Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
Planet X London Road - Wet
Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days

Comments

• bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    For lights, the Knog style ones with the silicon stretchy attachment? I have similar issues with my profiled bars and use one from Planet X which does the job, although maybe not the brightest (I only occasionally ride that bike in the dark though).
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    edited February 2014
    I've bodged an Exposure Flare bracket to work with the help of some high density foam. I've got some heat reactive plastic pellets to attempt something more permanent.

67059228-9473-483F-B0F2-CBB202AE817A-3449-000003F33579DDC5_zpsca624af9.jpg

I've also go an Exposure TraceR mounted on the saddle rails if you don't have a saddlebag.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • I use the Zefal Swan-R rear guard on the Volagi. The clamp is a notch so centres well.

As for light, I put a couple of round strips (chopped up spark plug lead if you must know) either side of the trailing edge of the post then tighten up the strap on the Blackburn Mars light. Keeps it centred.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • The Ass-Saver works quite well too
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    Exposure do a saddle rails mount for the Flare/Tracer... like so http://www.evanscycles.com/products/exp ... t-ec030112
  • j_mcd
    j_mcd Posts: 473
    Thanks, I think that the saddle rails might be a goer. Anyone know of a decent tool/tube container that attaches to the bottle cage mounts? That way I could ditch the saddle bag.
    Giant Defy Advanced 0 - Best
    Planet X London Road - Wet
    Montague Fit - Foldy thing that rarely gets used these days
  • J_MCD wrote:
    Thanks, I think that the saddle rails might be a goer. Anyone know of a decent tool/tube container that attaches to the bottle cage mounts? That way I could ditch the saddle bag.

BBB do a tool bottle in two different sizes that fits in the bottle holder - very good