Rapha - They have put their prices up!

124»

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    They could have made out it was also a tax shelter just to really irk the posters and it was thanks to the increased postage that they were able to take advantage of this 'testing facility'
    M.Rushton
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    April fool :oops:

Rapha have a sense of humour, clearly indicated by their headquarter moving April fool and their prices :)
  • Check out torm awesome stuff and very well made ,just as classy as rapha and half the price :D
  • Check out torm awesome stuff and very well made ,just as classy as rapha and half the price :D

I've just ordered a flux capacitor from them.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Check out torm awesome stuff and very well made ,copied rapha and half the price :D

FTFY
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    LegendLust wrote:
    Check out torm awesome stuff and very well made ,copied rapha and half the price :D

FTFY

And they only offer merino jerseys while the originator offers a whole raft of quality kit.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I love their stuff, its pretty much all I wear but majority of mine is bought in sales and second hand.

I cant afford it outright and dont like the way they have increased prices but I'll keep buying it. (Stupidly)

I'm even called rapha in the office.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    You lot operate in a different financial sphere to me..

I am deliberating over £50 for a Torm jersey !
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    You lot operate in a different financial sphere to me..

I am deliberating over £50 for a Torm jersey !

I bought one thanks to this thread, it is a nice fit and in my opinion looks really good. The next jersey I buy will be a Torm. The only downside is the low wash temperature, if my wife throws this in the washing machine I'll have a jersey fit for an action man.
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Also put the jersey in a laundry bag to stop pilling.
    Groundeffect make decent stuff thats not too expensive
  • Free shiping on orders over £50 until 11th April currently.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    wardieboy wrote:
    I bought one thanks to this thread, it is a nice fit and in my opinion looks really good. The next jersey I buy will be a Torm. The only downside is the low wash temperature, if my wife throws this in the washing machine I'll have a jersey fit for an action man.

I wash mine at 40 and it's fine.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    So I emailed Rapha cos their forgot password facility didn't work for me and also mentioned the refer a friend discount.

They emailed back impressively quickly (sorted the password prob for me) and apologised about the refer a friend facility stopping:

"In regards to the refer a friend scheme, sadly this is something that we had to stop, as it was quite heavily abused online, which is a real shame."

In a follow up email after I thanked him he said they'd have rather kept it going...

...so anyway, SCUMMY FORUMS LIKE THIS HAVE RUINED IT FOR THOSE OF US WHO HAD INTELLIGENCE ENOUGH TO JUST REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT RATHER THAN ASK ON A FORUM :P :P :P (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=12904607&hilit=rapha+refer+a+friend)

;)