NEW MTB TIRES!!! Neep opinions???

ConkaKTM
ConkaKTM Posts: 5
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi folks,been riding a year or so,and my KTM needs new tires!!!! I'm running schwalbe rapid rob tires which came as standard,I'm looking for tires that are good on road due to work but also good on trails that can withstand punctures,looking for the next level tyre now as I'm getting more daring

Cheers

Comments

• Check out reviews of the new Maxxis Ardent Race. The reviews I have read so far are great and it sounds like they fit the type of riding you will do perfectly!
    - 2013 Cube LTD, SL 29, grey / black.
  • Cheers plasma_man,just had a quick scan on the maxxis site and I think that's the option I'm gonna take
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Ardent is good for the front but get something a bit faster rolling on the back. If you want to stick with Maxxis try the Aspen very fast rolling but a bit too sketchy for the front.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • What else would you recommend,I'm looking at continental rubber queens,they any good???
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Black Chilli yes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • This black chili compound more durable???
  • It's a compound that gives better traction without sacrificing wear rate or rolling resistance.

Rubber queens are phased out now and replaced by Trail Kings. Great reviews although I have never tried them. Many different versions so check out Continentals website it has stacks of info about the tyre versions.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Plasma_man wrote:
    It's a compound that gives better traction without sacrificing wear rate or rolling resistance.

Rubber queens are phased out now and replaced by Trail Kings. Great reviews although I have never tried them. Many different versions so check out Continentals website it has stacks of info about the tyre versions.

its just a name change because rubber queen's sounds gay :lol:

they are however quite different to schwalbe rapid robs
  • Ok, I wasn't sure if they were 100% identical or not. Might try them this summer, seem easy to source here which is often an issue for me.
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I really like Maxxis Aspens - great on hardpack & tarmac but also good in most off road conditions except really muddy conditions. I've been using one on the rear through winter riding in the Lakes without much bother. I'll use front & rear for half the year at least. Fast.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.