arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
Not these....

anonymous_bottom_with_logo.jpg

But these.....

2014_02_27_17_18_46_Bike_Radar_com_Index_page.jpg

What do things like Google [Bot] do?

Just curious :)
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• Not an expert but believe they are part of the process for indexing search results?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    They don't look good in knickers...
  • arran77
    So it's not a form of spying like GCHQ using Yahoo web cams to record stills of users then :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    A bot goes back to the days where the internet cyber attacks started, normally used in MircX chatroom platforms to ping attack people.
    Back then when we were on 56k there would be people in the USA on T1 lines with thousands of times more powerful connection who would use a bot to ping flood an IP which in effect knocked you off the internet and you had to redial the connection, like matrix :)

Now these bots are used to do jobs, they will come on forums, check words, lines etc and use that info to increase traffic viewing for their search engines.

Lets say I wanted to remove this website (not that I do) I could simply run a few bots to reload the main page every tenth of a second, that would cause the site to slow down and then "drop off" the internet until the server was rebooted.

It is how the chinese took down google, amazon and the us federal mainframe over recent years.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    So there is a potentially evil side to these little beggars then :shock:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    arran77 wrote:
    So there is a potentially evil side to these little beggars then :shock:

Yes sir, they are either evil or nosey, sometimes they can be both. :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    Can't imagine that they're gathering any useful information from here though :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    I think you're safe Arran :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    I think you're safe Arran :D

:lol:

seanoconn