Is this deal any good?

2»

Comments

• Possibly even better then, you could get a cheap frame and sell the groupset on as new, or vice-versa.
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Possibly even better then, you could get a cheap frame and sell the groupset on as new, or vice-versa.

The only reason to sell the groupset on is if you want to use 9070, or you want to use your existing di2 groupset. Because the frame is di2 only, and you won't get 6770 or 6870 cheaper than this.
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Sorely tempted to buy this purely for the 6870 groupset. I'll needed to ask if it's the internal or external battery that's included though.

Do you think I could sell the frame on for £700?
  • Since it's a Di2 only frame it might be a tough sell?
  • Yeah thought that. Anyone on here that only wants a frame we could maybe thrash out a deal?
  • I bought the Team Issue HMX version 6 months or so ago (and the CR1) with Di2 and, yes, it came completely separate. In fact the BB was installed which was a bit of a PITA since it's internal Di2 so the BB had to come back out again.

The trouble with this deal for just the gruppo is that, to offload the frame, you'd need to find someone who had a Di2 gruppo already and was looking for a relatively low-end (for Di2) frame to stick it on. It might be a good way to upgrade to 11 Speed if you can then sell the frame on fitted with 10-speed.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Since it's a Di2 only frame it might be a tough sell?

Indeed, I know someone who's been trying to sell his used Foil 15 frame for a while and he wasn't getting much interest even at less than £500. I would not recommend buying this deal with the aim of selling the frame on - the market for electronic-only frames is pretty slow.
  • Which is presumably why Westbrooks is basically selling Di2 groupsets with a cheap frame attached.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Yes. Although if you want an all-out race bike, the Foil is a pretty sweet choice. They are light, and very stiff.