Forum home Road cycling forum Tours, routes, audaxes & organised rides Sportives/audaxes/training rides

MapMyRide for navigation

Planning to take a small group of friends out on a ride in the New Forest. They're doing their first sportives in April and I wanted to show them the kind of terrain they'll face.

Took a quick look at and plotted a potential route on an OS map but keen not to carry this with me. I have plotted the route in MapMyRide (non-premium membership) and downloaded the free corresponding app to my mobile (fruit like smartphone). Although I aim to learn the sequence of villages to visit on the route will the map and app be suitable for simply following a line on a map on my mobile? e.g. for junctions between villages?

• mr_goomr_goo Posts: 3,755
    I presume you will be taking them to Blissford Hill. Though not long it is always a bit of fun.
    The drag up through Bolder Wood is a nice climb too, which will come quite early in the Wiggle Spring ride.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.