Meet the Moser

term1te
term1te Posts: 1,462
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
I thought it about time I presented my Moser. Originally I bought the frame (Columbus SLX) with the intension of fitting it out with a mid 80s Campagnolo groupset. I dressed her up as a single speed while I looked for the groupset, but liked it so much she's stayed one gear ever since.

Stem and seatpost pantographed. On One chainset, homemade wheels. Joy to ride.

Whilst looking for a groupset, I accidentally bought an 80s Colnago Master with full Record kit, so I'll leave things as they are now.

DSC_0290.jpg

Comments

• Lovely bike and a quality pic
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • Thats proper old school. Love it.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Top stuff! :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • term1te
    That will teach me for showing off. A childs Decathlon bike just fell ontop of the Moser! Broken the rear brake cable and a bit of lost paint on cable retaining braze-on on the top tube. The childs bike was suspended over the Moser on a hoisted bike hanging thingy. Could have been worse.
  • housemunkey
    housemunkey Posts: 237
    Love the Moser, but just eyeballed your Master and HOLY MACARONI that is a fine machine. I have no words.
  • term1te
    Thanks for your kind words. I need to update the Master photos, I've just built a Daliesque moose-head out of an old saddle, handlebars and stem, upon which the Master now hangs in the house. I tried explaining that it is a work of art, but I could only get it into the basement, but its a start...

The Master was vertually NOS when I got it, judging by the fresh grease on the chain and lack of wear on the brake blocks it couldn't have done more than 50 miles since the late 80s. I've only replaced the tyres, which were beginning to perish, and the brake blocks, which offered no friction at all on the rims. It couldn't be a better fit for me if it had been made to measure, just waiting for summer now, so it can come back down from the moose-head.