Lezyne Floor Pump

littleprawn
littleprawn Posts: 135
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Guys,

Need to get a decent floor pump (been using Cycle shops and mate's floor pump) for last few years and keen to go for this Lezyne Floor pump. Do not want to spend over £40 for a floor pump so any views appreciated.

http://www.lezyne.com/products/floor-pumps/high-pressure#!sport-floor-drive
Cannondale CAADX 5 105
Trek T10

Comments

• Every bit of Lezyne kit I have is superb - I've not tried their track pump but I suspect it's just as good. I have a Joe Blow Sport, that's excellent too.
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    I have a 20 year old Topeak Joe Blow track pump which still serves me very well. There are 3 versions on Wiggle and the most expensive version is about £40.
    That said, have you seen how many models of track pump Lezyne offer?
    Choices. Choices.
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I got a Lezyne, paid about £35 IIRC and its brilliant. Cant really fault it.
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Every bit of Lezyne kit I have is superb - I've not tried their track pump but I suspect it's just as good. I have a Joe Blow Sport, that's excellent too.

This. All the Lezyne "Workshop" line has been great (usually better than Park).

But I just got a Joe Blow and it's fine too!
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • I have Lezyne track (floor) pump and can't fault it.

Also have a mini-pump (the one with a gauge), similarly faultless.
  • bunter
    bunter Posts: 327
    Very good I think. one niggle if you use tubes which can take valve extensions; sometimes unscrewing the hose from the valve will also unscrew the valve core. Overall the screw on hose is less likely to bend presta valves though
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I have Lezyne track (floor) pump and can't fault it.

Also have a mini-pump (the one with a gauge), similarly faultless.

Beware if you have an earlier Mini track pump. I had one lying around which I belatedly realised was a much better tool for the commute than my Mini Road Drive. First time I needed it it didn't work. The plastic collar that the adaptor spins on had cracked. Leyzne were great and quick to send the new style, alloy replacement which was far better but I only got home thanks to someone who stopped and had one of the newer Mini track pumps. I think the plastic ones are a failure waiting to happen.
    Faster than a tent.......