Team Sky TDF Jersey Stickers

cgrenn
cgrenn Posts: 206
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Bidding for the pro fit version of the Maillot jaune on ebay, and was wondering if the Sticker Decals what they have on the stage races was available to buy? Reason Being I was looking to get it framed.

Cheers All

Comments

• The purpose being?

That's a bit like asking jessops to print a jpeg of a van Gogh onto a canvas ...

I'd save my money and bid for the real deal ...
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Its just a jersey. You could frame a photo of one and it would have the same relevance ?

I've never seen any decals on sale anyway. Someone would be able to recreate them for a cost - but again - why ?

"ah yes - see this - this is a JERSEY I bought off the internet. Aaah the Happy Memories"
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    cougie wrote:
    Its just a jersey. You could frame a photo of one and it would have the same relevance ?

I've never seen any decals on sale anyway. Someone would be able to recreate them for a cost - but again - why ?

"ah yes - see this - this is a JERSEY I bought off the internet. Aaah the Happy Memories"

Someone who makes graphics you say, does anyone spring to mind :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    He might have to wait a long time for those!
  • To be honest I think it would be far less effort to get out there, turn pro and win your own. Plus if you are ever lucky enough to lure a girl back home and she see's your shrine, she wont think you are a proper nut job.
  • cgrenn
    cgrenn Posts: 206
    Ahh just a pie in the sky idea. Friend of mine works at Fred Perry, And met the Big man a good few times. Was seeing if I could get it signed and put it up.

No Worries
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,585
    Ah, I see it now. Get a yellow jersey, slap on a Sky sticker, get it signed by Wiggins then flog it on eBay as one of his actual jerseys. Good thinking! :lol:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Oh when he said big man, I thought he was on about Bjarne Riis.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Oh when he said big man, I thought he was on about Bjarne Riis.

No, it was via a seance with Fred, he got introduced to the Big, Big man - the one with the long grey beard who sits behind the pearly gates, you know, Jesus' Daddy.

Think how much his signature would be worth on ebay. Especially if you could then scan and copy it onto two beat up rocks from Mount Sinai.