Road wheels for a cross bike

steviecfb
steviecfb Posts: 31
edited March 2014 in Cyclocross
Sorry if this has recently been dealt with.

I have a Pinnacle Arkose (700c wheels, disk brakes) which I'd like to turn into a road bike (as far as that's possible) for some of the summer. I could just get a new pair of tyres and swap them, but I'm lazy and I'd rather have the additional stiffness and, I presume, lightness Id get from a proper pair of road wheels with appropriate tyres.

I don't want to spend a huge amount, but I don't really know how much I ought to be thinking of spending. I'm never going to be a road racer, so I wouldn't need super-sophisticated gear.

Any advice welcomed :) (As you can see, I don't really know much, so apologies if I've missed out a key bit of info.)

Comments

• have a look at the buying advice section, there are lots of thread about disc wheels for road use.

PS: I know the magazines often use lighter and stiffer in the same sentence, but generally the association of those adjectives is an oxymoron
    left the forum March 2023
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Unless you're looking to spend in the region of £200 you're not really going to save a chunk of weight or get something reliable - my recommendations would be Novatec 711/712 hubs, Kinlin XR270 rims and double-butted spokes.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • steviecfb
    steviecfb Posts: 31
    Thanks, Monty D