Reverb on a Giant Trance 27.5 2

jonesmrjones
jonesmrjones Posts: 16
edited February 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
Any one successfully installed a Reverb stealth on a Giant Trance 27.5 2.

I know the Trance 27.5 1 has one as standard. Just wanted to know if it is easy to install or a LBS job?

Cheers.

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    It's not a reverb stealth, it's Giant's contact switch dropper with internal cable routing IIRC.

That said the 27.5 2 should still have the internal routing available.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • Ah cool.

Yeh it still has all the same holes.
  • TownyDC
    TownyDC Posts: 157
    I have a standard Reverb fitted on my 27.5 2
    It's not a stealth one unfortunately so I have used the locator clip supplied by Rockshox and clipped the pipe into that on the seat tube and at the shock end of the frame, tie wrapped it to 1 existing cable and followed it along up to the bars.
    works fine, although an internally routed one would be smoother..... :D
  • I work in a Giant dealer and have installed a couple of these myself. It's an easy enough job, but you will need to remove the BB cups. With them being pressfit, shimano will advise you not to re-use them but you could if you like - you just might get a bit of creaking down the line.

You will also need to either swap out the rubber blanking plate for a two bolt one (which you can get from dealers) or just make a second hole in the one already installed.

Just be aware when purchasing a particular length post, that the reverb stealth connectors at the bottom of the post are not flexible and could foul on the frame as they add a couple of inches to the overall length.
  • Should have read that message earlier.

Got as far as removing the crankset then realised it was a press fit BB. Taking it to a LBS to get it sorted.