Hope launching 40T cassette adapter

97th choice
97th choice Posts: 2,222
edited March 2014 in MTB general
http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/02/23/fro ... x-adapter/

Apols if posted elsewhere.

Like the sound of this more than a 42t version.
Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
Radon ZR 27.5 Race
Btwin Alur700
Merida CX500

Comments

• drmb
    drmb Posts: 4
    40t certainly intuitively appeals to me more than an enormous 42t offering (plus I love all things Hope!).

I am interested to see what Ride.io make of a 42t in the mountains of North Wales though:
    http://ride.io/reviews/first-look-oneup-components-42t-sprocket/
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Wish hope would hurry the hell up and release it. I just ordered my second oneup ring, but have cancelled the order in favour of my favourite cycling brand constructing something special.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    From what I've read 42T is right at the limit of the B screw, so with some mechs you may struggle. That's why I would wait for 40T.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    Russyh wrote:
    Wish hope would hurry the hell up and release it. I just ordered my second oneup ring, but have cancelled the order in favour of my favourite cycling brand constructing something special.
    What mechs are you using? I've got a OneUp 42t to go with my X0 mech but I'd quite like to go XTR but have read that Sram mechs tend to cope better than Shimano with the big cog
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Certainly looks interesting. Whether it's made of cheese like the rest of their kit is yet to be seen though. Works components are also working on one afaik, if it works as well as their chainring I'm running it'll be a hit! There're also working on a cheaper narrow/wide chainring design. Less machining and slightly heavier but should be £30 which is damn good value, I don't know anyone else who offer one that cheap!
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    dusk wrote:
    Russyh wrote:
    What mechs are you using? I've got a OneUp 42t to go with my X0 mech but I'd quite like to go XTR but have read that Sram mechs tend to cope better than Shimano with the big cog

i used a long cage Shimano XT Shaddow + clutch mech, i will probably swap to a medium cage as i have read i shoudl get away with it.