Dissertation Survey - Advertising in the Cycle Industry

2»

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Done, but I'm not happy. Where are all the pointless questions that cause me to give up after 3 minutes?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    cooldad wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Done the survey, I normally don't even look at them due to the slating they get. I'm particularly pleased that I could be in the 41-45 age group rather than the so much older 45-50.
    Just fark off. I'm in the even much older than that category.

Done - just to put another tick in the 41-45 box for Cooldad
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    nicklouse wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:
    Oi where is the "Please" option on number one?

1980 wants its joke back :P
    And I would like to be back in the '80s
    When you still bounced!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Done!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    lawman wrote:
    am in process of writing my dissertation on the techniques used by advertisers to communicate with consumers.

Beyond what you might gather from your replies here, what are the main points you'll be putting forward?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    lawman wrote:
    am in process of writing my dissertation on the techniques used by advertisers to communicate with consumers.

Beyond what you might gather from your replies here, what are the main points you'll be putting forward?

My dissertation focuses on the way advertisers communicate with it's target markets, so first of all I need to gather info on what exactly this market is. Print and Online sources are the biggest providers of advertising in terms of the cycle industry, so this survey is based around that. Using this information will allow me to look at trends in the data and see specifically which magazine/website is targeting which user-group and can then analyse and de-construct the adverts to see the techniques they are using to appeal to and communicate with their target demographic.

Until I've gathered and assessed the demographic data taken from the results of this survey, it is difficult to proceed with the next step of my research, which takes a closer look at precisely how adverts influence consumers, which will involve a number of interviews and asking them how they interpret a specific range of adverts. Getting peoples opinions on certain adverts and de-constructing the adverts semiotically will allow me to look at the meaning of the sign systems in use and the various ways in which these signs can be interpreted, and indeed what knowledge of certain sign systems are required to make sense of the adverts. For example a road cyclist might not even know what "Enduro" is, so despite being a "cyclist" they may not possess the necessary knowledge of the sign systems used by the advertisers in order to interpret it in the way the advertisers intend.

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken part in the survey, the response has been phenomenal and your participation will greatly help my Dissertation!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Good luck with it.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lawman
    Cheers! :D
  • Bacon?
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Done the survey for you
    Can I have your Cotic as payment? :lol:
  • lawman
    ej2320 wrote:
    Done the survey for you