My Whips: Kyklos and Trek

bulkydaddy
bulkydaddy Posts: 85
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
Last year I inherited my son's race bike, over the winter I've applied my own touch and changed EVERYTHING.

Kyklos Feather
Campagnolo Centaur
Zipp Service Course Traditional Bars
Merckx 110mm stem
San Marco Zoncolan Saddle
FSA RD 400 wheels
Fulcrum Quattro wheels with a Stelvio beating 12-30 cassette

KyklosFulcrum.jpg

KyklosFSA.jpg

My Winter Hack/Commuter. Had this bike for 5 years. Ordered in a 56, really should be a 54, but I've managed to get a comfortable position. Love this bike, could easily make a decent summer bike.

SRAM Apex
Harry Rowland handbuilt wheels, Ultegra hubs, Mavic Reflex rims and Challenge Paris-Roubaix tubs.

Trek.jpg
The brave might not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.

Comments

• Lovely Kiklos, always loved these after C+ tested a white Killer a year ago.

Please tell us what it's like compared to your previous best bike. I wonder if they're streets ahead of other frames or indistinguishable...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Hi

The Kyklos is far superior to my previous best ride, but then it should be, considering the price difference!

My views on the bike will always be biased, but as the reviews say, the bike really is incredible. My son, who raced on the Kyklos and has ridden many high end bikes claims that the Kyklos is the best frame he's ever ridden, and that's good enough for me.
    The brave might not live forever, but the cautious don't live at all.