Bike lights not received from Light malls

Big dave 3
Big dave 3 Posts: 304
edited February 2014 in The hub
Hi,

I am after some advice, I bought 40 dollars worth of lights & batteries in December from LIght Malls. I used paypal to pay for it, so I thought that I would be reasonably covered.

However , they hadnt turned up by January so I contacted the seller. they gave me a tracking number which said that the lights had made it to Heathrow airport. But they would not refund. So I filed a paypal claim. And I have just been told that because the seller has proof of posting & they made it to Heathrow, then I will get no refund or money.

So basically I have lost £24. Not the end of the world. But I always thought that paypal covered you for not receiving items .

THis is Paypals stance:

When you pay with PayPal on any website, if your purchase doesn't arrive or match its description then we can help you get all your money back.

MY item hasnt arrived so I assumed I would get money back.

Are there any ways that I can get my money back? Or is it just bad luck & to be expected when buying stuff from China?
/

Marin Team HT (customiosed commuter)

Boardman Team HT (customised commuter)

Giant Defy 1 2014.

Ribble Sportive Azzurro

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sounds like BS. I'd argue the point.
    Their site is pretty clear
    "Refunds
    If an order doesn’t arrive or match the description, we’ll reimburse the full cost of eligible purchases and paid delivery costs."

"11.9 What is “Proof of Delivery”?
    Online documentation from a postal company that includes all of the following:
    A status of “delivered” (or equivalent) and the date of delivery.
    The recipient’s address, showing at least the city/county or postcode (or international equivalent)."

FWIW I am happy to pay a bit more for the same thing from a local seller who has already been through the pain of waiting.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    My experience of dealing with Paypal refunds is that they are often not aware of local laws, I have always found something within English law that covers any mis sold item or non delivery, always got a refund then
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I have always found Paypal pleases its bloody self and couldnt give a crap as long as it gets its share.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    I received a broken charger from Lightmalls, they told me to send it back and they would send me another one - but I would have to pay the return postage. Paypal sided with them, and it wasnt worth the cost of postage so just had to chalk it up to experience. I try not to order from Lightmalls any more but dont kid myself that Deal Extreme or Kaidomain would be any better...