CUBE Fritzz 160 pro?

7448stewart
7448stewart Posts: 79
edited February 2014 in MTB buying advice
Looking for a full suss under £2000 with good specs and nice style, found the fritzz pro and really like it as it has the PIKE and it looks cool (I know some people dont go on looks but I do :p)

Has anyone ridden this bike or even have it? worth the money or is there better ones out there that im just not looking at?

Cheers!!!

Comments

• very nice spec but the frame lets it down :( not sure this will suit my aggressive riding style, cheers
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    What's wrong with the frame?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • looks sketchy, like somthing youd get from halfords
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If you'd gone pro you would have a load of free bikes to choose from by now.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    These are really good
    http://www.justmountainbikes.co.uk/Item ... wwodXR8ABg
    Doesn't have the massively over hyped Pike but still a great build. Pikes are very good but its not a huge step up from other high end forks and I still think the Marzocchi 55 rc3 ti evo is much better damped.
    I don't really like Cubes rear suspension, typical German design which is very linear and blows through the travel too fast.
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Having had a ride on an El Guapo I can confirm it is plenty aggressive and the frame is spot on. I'd have one in a heartbeat.
  • If you'd gone pro you would have a load of free bikes to choose from by now.

What the hell you on about bro?!
  • These are really good
    http://www.justmountainbikes.co.uk/Item ... wwodXR8ABg
    Doesn't have the massively over hyped Pike but still a great build. Pikes are very good but its not a huge step up from other high end forks and I still think the Marzocchi 55 rc3 ti evo is much better damped.
    I don't really like Cubes rear suspension, typical German design which is very linear and blows through the travel too fast.

Yeh been looking at this an its looks really good, not keen on the silver tho
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    If you'd gone pro you would have a load of free bikes to choose from by now.

What the hell you on about bro?!

viewtopic.php?f=40028&t=12952707&hilit=Too+old+to+go+pro

This, I'd expect.
  • ha yeh lets stick to the topic at hand, bitter people snap me, no time for them AT ALL!!!
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369

pike is only over hyped if you read too much into forums (yes I can see the irony) - The pike is a good fork, light and tunable and cheap. There currently isn't a better 150/160mm fork on the market at the moment.

going through the travel means the shock is not tuned properly for bike and rider - not got any issue like that with my horst link.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Thought about a custom build?

Worked out £400 cheaper for me
  • ej2320 wrote:

i would love to build my own bike, maybe get a second hand frame but Im worried that I havnt got the knowlege to do it and get the right parts so it all goes together. and the only place i know to get secondhand parts from is ebay, is there any place elts?
  • ej2320
    ej2320 wrote:

i would love to build my own bike, maybe get a second hand frame but Im worried that I havnt got the knowlege to do it and get the right parts so it all goes together. and the only place i know to get secondhand parts from is ebay, is there any place elts?

Spec it to your budget

Get a second hand frame, there's a lot on pinkbike

SLX groupset £300ish
    Good wheelset £300
    Even if the frame was £700 that still give you a decent amount for the rest

Just an idea, I have never built a bike before but have done so this time, specing it myself and sourcing the parts, £25 for a basic tool kit, YouTube tutorials.. Strangely satisfying

Bought several second hand parts off the classified section on here, great service from everyone
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I wouldn't buy a used frame. I know what sort of life my frames have before I sell them.
    There are some bargain new frames. Not sure if they still have any but my Nukeproof Mega frame was only £800 including shock.
  • ej2320
    I wouldn't buy a used frame. I know what sort of life my frames have before I sell them.
    There are some bargain new frames. Not sure if they still have any but my Nukeproof Mega frame was only £800 including shock.

Forgot to mention that, some great deals on 2013 Nukeproof Megas
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    looks sketchy, like somthing youd get from halfords

Are you for real? :roll:
  • Also looking at the cube and looks good spec for the money