London Hive Mnd

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,660
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Hi Guys

Since you were so helpful last time - Looking for a place to watch the rugby tonight in West London.

hopefully won't get my heart stamped all over this time...

David
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'll get the suggestions rolling with The Cabbage Patch in Twickenham? Depends how central you are...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I was going to suggest The Alma in Wandsworth.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    The west car park at the national stadium has big screens, if the weather is nice great place to watch the game, and you might even pick up a ticket from a tout quite cheap once the game kicks off.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Sorry looking more West central London as it were - or is the honest answer to go out of Central London..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    If you want Rugby and you're a tall brawny lad with a penchant for South African/Australian/Kiwi trim Rugby loving women I would head towards West London. Jump on the District Line, as the accents get posher and the trainline becomes leafy you know you're in Rugby land. Don't even have to go far, Putney will do.

Can't stand any aspect of it myself.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Rugby? On a Friday night?! Who is playing?
  • jamesco
    jamesco Posts: 687
    The Wheatsheaf on Haven Lane in Ealing is a good pub for watching the rugby. Not sure if Ealing is central enough for you, but it's only a 5 minute walk from Ealing Broadway station with Central, District & Main lines.