Lynskey R255

navrig2
navrig2 Posts: 1,844
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
Still in the courier's van but heading to my place this afternoon. I just hope my daughter is at home to sign for it.

Coming without wheels as I will fit my Kysiriums.

Photos to follow.

Comments

• navrig2
    First photo, beauty parade tomorrow.

IMAG0009.jpg
  • navrig2
    I've still get thsi out into the sunshine for a photo session and, more importantly, for an inaugural ride.

I want to add a littler bit of colour to contrast with the Ti frame and black finishing kit. As you can see there is a little bit of red on the QR skewer ends other than that its is standard.

So what is people's opinion on how to give a Ti bike a bit of colour but retain that classy look. The Token bling box is probably too much but there has to be something I can do:

1. Stem
    2. Tape
    3. Fasteners
    4. Bottle cages
    5. Tyres
    6. Hoods (if I can find them for 6800)

Any thoughts?
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I presonally think less is more. You also have the white lettering which can lift the overall colour scheme, and it looks like the tip of the saddle is white? Therefore you could go with white handlebar tape...

I would avoid adding much red into the mix personally.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • navrig2
    drlodge wrote:
    I presonally think less is more. You also have the white lettering which can lift the overall colour scheme, and it looks like the tip of the saddle is white? Therefore you could go with white handlebar tape...

I would avoid adding much red into the mix personally.

The saddle is black/silver. Not intentional, it looked to be the closest to the shape of my current saddle.

I'm not in the less is more camp but I'm not in the "pimp my ride" camp either. I think the frame is lovely (wouldn't have bought it otherwise :wink: ) but I think some subtle colour flashes should set it off.

I just need to gradually build it up.

Some thoughts are to go for a red/blue combo to reflect the frame's USA origins. White bottle cages with the red and/or blue trim and so on.

Any thoughts?
  • I like the look of the coloured chris king headsets. Other than that wouldnt bother.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Personal view only but I reckon coloured tyres look dreadful on anything. If you want some subtle bling, try swapping out a headstem spacer for an anodized one. Cheap way to do it.

But really, a lovely Ti frame like that doesn't need much.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I like the look of the coloured chris king headsets. Other than that wouldnt bother.

Yeh...keep it simple and a bling headset is one way to go. Other than that I'd leave it with a black/metal/white finish and leave out the colour altogether.

Chris%20King%20No%20Threadset%201%2018%20Inch%20Alloy%20Headset%20Black-Silver.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • navrig2
    Personal view only but I reckon coloured tyres look dreadful on anything. If you want some subtle bling, try swapping out a headstem spacer for an anodized one. Cheap way to do it.

Like the idea. :D