It's Friiiiidaaaaay!!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited February 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

TFI the last working day of the week. I'm slowly catching up with work, which is good, and hopefully I'll have caught up by the end of the day.
Ex-minion is coming in to visit today. Should be interesting to see if she notices the changes.

Later, I'm off to Bury, and I'm contemplating a bike ride this weekend! First since the ankle break.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Yeeessss long time waiting for this day

Today is visiting stoke to get my iJesus phone fixed (quicker and cheaper than getting it done in Chester),all whilst completing my board report - can't wait

Later Friday= pub :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

rode the new xc trail at cwmcarn yesterday, it's a tough one! it'll be awesome when it dries out but it's a bit too muddy at the minute.

does any one know anything about job descriptions? i.e: if my job description had been altered considerably without me being informed, what rights do I have?

anyway, enough of the serious speak, TFIF, rugby and beer later to watch us lose against the french

laters
  • welshkev wrote:
    does any one know anything about job descriptions? i.e: if my job description had been altered considerably without me being informed, what rights do I have?
    Fairly certain you need to sign your JD, they can't just change it. Jobs change and adjust a lot, which means you're allowed to update your JD and then have your job evaluated, hopefully meaning you go up a pay grade (I'm in the process of this at the moment).
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev wrote:
    Fairly certain you need to sign your JD, they can't just change it. Jobs change and adjust a lot, which means you're allowed to update your JD and then have your job evaluated, hopefully meaning you go up a pay grade (I'm in the process of this at the moment).

exactly what I thought. I asked for a job review and then asked for a pay rise after a glowing review. they said no cos of xyz. I then asked for a copy of my job description and contract so I could check them. the job description came back (IMO) doctored and completely different to my existing one. and the changes were more or less verbatim from the email I sent detailing the extra tasks/responsibilities I do. the contract is an old one from nearly 9 years ago also. as I changed jobs - still within the same company though, I thought I'd have to sign a new contract with new hours, wags etc on it?
  • welshkev wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

exactly what I thought. I asked for a job review and then asked for a pay rise after a glowing review. they said no cos of xyz. I then asked for a copy of my job description and contract so I could check them. the job description came back (IMO) doctored and completely different to my existing one. and the changes were more or less verbatim from the email I sent detailing the extra tasks/responsibilities I do. the contract is an old one from nearly 9 years ago also. as I changed jobs - still within the same company though, I thought I'd have to sign a new contract with new hours, wags etc on it?
    Yes, you should have a new contract. It happens all the time where I work, people move around the building to work for a different department (as in completely different job). They get a new contract every time. Do you have a copy of your JD? It's probably the only way you can prove if it's been doctored. That said, if the new JD is including the things you do, you should be allowed to request a Job evaluation, as I believe everyone's entitled to it.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    only a paper copy, no copy emailed to me or anything. so I'm guessing they're counter argument will be that I've doctored that.

it's just a PITA to be honest and IMO shows a total lack of respect as I've worked here for nearly 9 years.

but ah well, such is life. it could be worse, I could be a roadie :wink::lol:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    welshkev wrote:
    what rights do I have?

Kill them. Kill them all.

Morning fools,

Work last night was a joke as the trapped nerve in my back is agony. Not sure how I'll make it through the 15 hours of today.

Laters
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning flange sniffers.

Beautiful sunny day and Friday means all is good today.

6 hours of meh to get through and then weekend here we come 8)

Onwards to tea and loafing :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola beeatches!

Fryday i love you!

My working day was an hour in the gym (getting ripped!) Then twenty minutes ripping the p1ss out of a couple of the clowns i work with, then five minutes organising next week and then on the road home to a couple of days of freedom, foods, drinks, tv sport and possibly a pedal!

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Afternoon, my Friday has consisted of spending a fortne on the car for the mot, ready for a 6 hour round trip to work tomorrow to pick up some kit for a course next week (which happens to be down the road from home) to become a flood defence inspector.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Evening Camel Toe Hunters,

Been up since 5.15 to do the early jaunt over to The Valleys. Good day at Cwmcarn in spite of rain wind and the odd hailstorm - got 9 runs in and no stacking it for once :) . Bad news is the uplift for the new DH track won't be running 'till June according to Cwmdown - apparently that's how long it will take the council to sort out a few drainage channels :roll: Mind you the current track isn't too shabby.

Now supping some grog and surfing the interweb while wondering how the fark I managed a days DH with no visible injuries :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]