Pret coffee?

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Anyone else who regularly drinks Pret coffee noticed that the quality seems to have taken a bit of a dive? Their espresso used to be noticeably better than most other chains', but now it's pretty harsh and unpleasant. Just came to mind after drinking a particularly grim cup tonight.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    really?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin wrote:
    really?

Really, what?
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Bean-to-cup machines are historically rubbish. Surprised you liked it at all, give me monmouth or flat cap anyday - not a fan of ANY (high street) chain.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    <wanders off to get a flat cap>
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Yep, I noticed that too. Thought it was just me.
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • ...unpleasant...particularly grim.

My feelings on coffee in general.

Time to put the kettle on for a pot of tea.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bean-to-cup machines are historically rubbish. Surprised you liked it at all, give me monmouth or flat cap anyday - not a fan of ANY (high street) chain.

Your right about the Pret coffee awful.

Don't know where you get your info from but my bean to cup machine makes very good coffee without all the faff.

Spent years with a Gaggia Baby with all the mess that entails. Now press a button and coffee is delivered. Lovely.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Your right about the Pret coffee awful.

Don't know where you get your info from but my bean to cup machine makes very good coffee without all the faff.

Spent years with a Gaggia Baby with all the mess that entails. Now press a button and coffee is delivered. Lovely.

I meant in a shop. E.g. pret. Some are much better you're right. The ones in my office, less so.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • airbag
    airbag Posts: 201
    Can't say I've been in pret recently - would agree that their coffee did used to be a cut above most.