Any bike friendly flats going in Bath?

majormantra
majormantra Posts: 2,094
edited February 2014 in The cake stop
A long shot, but this seems like the place to ask aside from the usual Gumtree, SpareRoom etc...

I've just accepted the offer of a job in Bath and I need a flat for about 3 months while I wait for my partner to join me. Anyone know of any rooms going in bike friendly flats? (I.e. that won't object to there being ~3 bikes in my bedroom or me walking around in bib shorts and talking about how epic my commute was.)

Cheers!

Comments

• majormantra
    leadballoon.jpg

(I'm willing to negotiate on the bib shorts part.)
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That'll be a no then..
  • majormantra
    Rather the feeling I'm getting. :D
  • Like you said - it's a long shot.

May be worth putting a card on the noticeboard in Harvest on Walcot Street, also ask in the bike shops whether they know of any (John's, Cadence, Avon Valley, Total Fitness). If you plan on joining a club such as Bath CC or Walcot VC it would be worth putting a post on their forum as if nothing else it will start to get you introduced.

Good luck :D
  • As above, Gumtree maybe your best bet. Landlords in Bath are pretty tolerant due to the massive amount of students the City gets.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • majormantra
    Thanks guys. The biggest obstacle to finding a place is that most landlords (understandably) want more than a 3 month commitment.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Could be worse. My flat/house hunting in Bristol was one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Sure made me miss Cardiff.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • majormantra
    I'm provisionally sorted now. Regard those clubs mentioned above, any thoughts on who to join? I'll probably just show up for a few club runs, just wondering what the word on the street is, as it were.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    I know some Bath CC riders. Good peeps.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • majormantra
    I like their kit better. :)