Forks for Cannondale Caad 7

catbaier
catbaier Posts: 123
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Afternoon folks.

I'm in the market for some new forks for my lovely old Cannondale Seaco Caad 7 frame. It's currently got a set of ITM Visia forks which are okay, but the need for long drop brakes is getting on my nerves as I want to replace both front and back together (or at least with something matching) and the back isn't long drop. Plus the ITM forks are fugly and (a bit) heavy c.600gs.

Apparently the forks need to be 371 axle to crown with 45mm rake, 1 1/8 steerer and integrated. My budget is around £150, though I'll go a touch higher if something brilliant comes up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• catbaier wrote:
    Afternoon folks.

I'm in the market for some new forks for my lovely old Cannondale Seaco Caad 7 frame. It's currently got a set of ITM Visia forks which are okay, but the need for long drop brakes is getting on my nerves as I want to replace both front and back together (or at least with something matching) and the back isn't long drop. Plus the ITM forks are fugly and (a bit) heavy c.600gs.

Apparently the forks need to be 371 axle to crown with 45mm rake, 1 1/8 steerer and integrated. My budget is around £150, though I'll go a touch higher if something brilliant comes up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

If you keep the same axle to crown length, won't you have the same issue with brake calipers?
    left the forum March 2023
  • catbaier
    catbaier Posts: 123
    Hi, that's a good observation. However the axle to crown length I've stated above is what I'm led to believe is the original set-up (with C'Dale SI forks). God knows what the Visia forks are!