Baradine Brake Pads ? Anybody ever used them ?

stussy_daz
stussy_daz Posts: 140
edited February 2014 in Road general
looking at buying a set of these to go with my Campagnolo Veloce Skeleton's

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121125255697? ... 1423.l2649

just trying to find out if anybody has ever used them or come across them before :?:

thanks in advance

Daz
Specialized Epic Expert
Giant Propel Adavnced 0 - Custom Build

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I bought some to try out the Shimano style brake shoe (can't see Ebay on this computer so not sure if you are looking at the same) - theory being that the screw attachment might mean I could extract pads without removing the shoes which I'd never managed with the Campag shoes.

It was a very cheap way of getting shoes and pads and I had no particular problem with the pads or the shoes. I think they wore away fairly quickly but I do loads of miles in all weathers and the Swissstops I use also last no time.

I've now gone back to Campag style shoes though. I found the pads no easier to get out of the shoes than the Campag ones and the little screws are soft and sieze up so I couldn't see much benefit. Possibly if you grease the threads they would be fine.

The pads were fine for stopping!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • $T2eC16d,!)sE9swm,vStBRtvT93oR!~~60_12.JPG

that's what they look like Rolf thanks for reply

thought might well be worth a punt as cheap but you never know do you

thanks again

Daz
    Specialized Epic Expert
    Giant Propel Adavnced 0 - Custom Build
  • rolf_f
    Lol - image isn't showing!

If you are buying them as a source of shoes then there's no risk even if you prefer other pads. You can always put the Barradine pads on the rear and your favourites on the front where they really make a difference. But like I said, they were fine for me.

Ribble sell Barradine pads btw so worth checking prices there.
  • The url was linking to ebay, this might help....

• rolf_f
    Errrr, blimey! Home now and I can see them. Ideally only through my sunglasses!

The ones I used were much more normal! - http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... arabrbl225