Which 29er have you got or ridden?

2»

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Well having put in a good 4 hours on my Superfly this morning I was impressed - felt like it descended better than my Top Fuel, way stiffer at the front end, did notice that it didn't get bounced around as much. Handling felt fine, not slower as I'd expected. Bags of grip. I'm a convert.

No idea if it was quicker or not I must say!
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    edited February 2014
    I was on the point of pushing the button on a Superfly 9.7 before I spotted the Vitus was on offer at £650 off. Is the 9.8 the green/black version if so one of the nicest looking bikes about.

edit:Just spotted your thread about your Superfly Very nice. Wish I could build a weight weenie but I would crush it.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Just had a look at the Superflys, there is a lot of them! One of my fave ex bikes was my Gary Fisher Roscoe. So I do like the Gary Fishers.....need to read up on the specs & understand them. Might get one for a spin.
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    njee20 wrote:
    As I'm well aware, hence the point...

And hence why I was agreeing with you...
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    njee20 wrote:

Goodo, wasn't sure!
    equinefunk wrote:
    Just had a look at the Superflys, there is a lot of them! One of my fave ex bikes was my Gary Fisher Roscoe. So I do like the Gary Fishers.....need to read up on the specs & understand them. Might get one for a spin.

If you go hardtail there are two different frames - the SL is £1100 more, but about 400g lighter. Wasn't worth it IMO.
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    Havnt read the whole thread. Ive got a Norco Sight 2se for trail duties and its one of the best bikes ive ridden/owned.
    However with N+1 and all that a few months ago I bought a Cube carbon 29er for my xc type stuff and love it to. They are obviously massively different bikes but both great in their own right. And for what its worth I have as much "fun" on the 29er as I do on the 26er.
    40fl.jpg
    o5b2.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    njee20 wrote:
    njee20 wrote:

Goodo, wasn't sure!

No worries.
  • appy wrote:
    Havnt read the whole thread. Ive got a Norco Sight 2se for trail duties and its one of the best bikes ive ridden/owned.
    However with N+1 and all that a few months ago I bought a Cube carbon 29er for my xc type stuff and love it to. They are obviously massively different bikes but both great in their own right. And for what its worth I have as much "fun" on the 29er as I do on the 26er.
    40fl.jpg
    o5b2.jpg
    Which Cube is it? The Reaction? My LBS has them but I can only find one review on them & it isn't glowing. They seem good value for money but the LBS doesn't let you test ride!
    I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.