noob in need of serious help please

matthewpereira0
matthewpereira0 Posts: 5
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi noob looking for advice $800 max budget for bike. 5'10" or 11" unsure, 260# want a roadbike to lose weight and eventually enter in events/ ride the kangamangas highway in NH when I go every august

Specialized allez'14 $800ish

Fuji sportiff 1.5 '13 $600

Giant defy 3 '13 $750ish

Trek 1.1 or 1.2 I am a sucker for white bikes

Not a fan of the thumb down shifters like the fuji has, thank you for taking the time to read and reply

Comments

• jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    There's probably not much difference in the overall spec/value of the bikes you've listed as all the 'big' manufacturers will spec and price their bikes to be competitive with each other. They've all been in the game long enough to build a bike that's not going to be an utter pig too.

Visit a few shops and try as many bikes as you can. Find one that fits and you like the look of. Once you've got a shortlist then pop back on here and ask owners of that particular model for their 'real world' feedback.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    As Jordan says they’re all going to be reasonable bikes. So buy the one you think looks nicest
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Speak to your local bike shops, pick the one that seems best to deal with and buy from there.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Thanks guys I really like the look of the allez
  • Bought a giant defy 5 2013 $550 new I think I got a great deal thanks