Rear Mech: Sram Rival

Seat: Fizik Aliante
Seat Post: Cannondale C3

Cranks: FSA Gossamer BB30 175mm + Sram 50/34 Chainrings
Chain: KMC (currently being cleaned)
Cassette: Sram 1070 11-28
Pedals: Speedplay
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30

Wheelset: Planet X AL30 Model B (Mavic Ksyrium Elite S for summer)
Tubes: Continental 28 race
Tyres: Continental Gatorskin 23mm (Michelin Pro 4 for summer)

I got bored of carbon bikes so I figured I would go alloy, I wanted a CAAD9 for ages so I looked, and recently picked one up at a decent price :) Figured I liked Sram Rival so much I would put it on another bike, 8.4kg as pictured (including the chain which has gone walkies for cleaning), around 8kg with the Ksyrium Elites so not too bad.

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    You just cannot go wrong with a CaaD...
    I've actually gone back to my old Aliante at the mo as somehow I seem to have dented an Arione over the months/time in saddle... bit of a hefty piece... just wish they did a full carbon in that shape.
  • Only done 80 miles on it so far (I got it on Monday) but it seems to be just as good as any other bike I have had, not much of a weight penalty either.

Aliante's are my perfect saddle (i think), about 2 years ago I borrowed many many different saddles from friends, it was between this and the SMP Glider, Aliante won, now have them on all 4 of my bikes. My saddle and my bars have to be the same on all my bikes, they do not factor in to weight savings in any way, got to be comfortable :)
  • Love the bike, hate the colour. Black is way too overdone
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    +1 for aluminium.
    The bike looks great, the chainset suits it. Good choice in bottle cages.
  • I agree it is a boring colour but I like it, guess that doesn't reflect well on me :)

The bottle cages were a steal, they had them in halfords for £2.80 each early January so I bought 10 of them, can't go wrong with them, had them fitted on most of my bikes for the past 6 years, not a single lost bottle (yet) which cannot be said for the carbon ones I had on my best bike last year!
  • Meirionatron
    Meirionatron Posts: 154
    DSCF7518.JPG

It's that time of year... upgrades :) Got the 6800 kit really cheap so I figured I would switch to 11 speed and some Rotor rings. The wheels are also new (Roval Fusse SL) as I had an 'incident' on my Ksyrium Elites, they are exactly 1g heavier (1578g vs 1577g for Ksyriums), considering what they cost me I am very happy with them. Also got a new carbon post and trying out an Antares saddle, I shall get a black one if I still like it in a month or 2.

Switched the pedals to Exustar ones as I could not afford a new set of speedplays, the Exustar pedals were only £20 and they are lighter than my old speedplays if you factor in the cleats, I was a bit reluctant to go for these pedals over some Look Keo Classics (which I have had in the past) but I am happy with my decision now.

This frameset has done just over 2000 miles since I bought it and I still like it as much as when I got it in February.
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    Beautiful stealth machine!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    once you've had black you never go back! nice looking bike. :D