Cheapest place to buy stages cranks?

LOOK585
LOOK585 Posts: 40
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
I am in need of a power meter, stages seem to be priced well, anyone know the cheapest place in the uk to order from?

Thanks.

Comments

• Merlin?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Check on availability... Most places are all priced the same(ish) at the moment as they're in such high demand...
  • LOOK585 wrote:
    I am in need of a power meter, stages seem to be priced well, anyone know the cheapest place in the uk to order from?

Thanks.

Contact http://www.ratrace.com. I got mine from there with £100 off the Ultegra one. Just to add, it's a really fantastic bit of kit, accurate and consistent.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Teebs_123 wrote:
    LOOK585 wrote:

Thanks.

Contact http://www.ratrace.com. I got mine from there with £100 off the Ultegra one. Just to add, it's a really fantastic bit of kit, accurate and consistent.

Not if you don't have 50/50 balance. Unfortunately unless you have a power meter that measures L/R balance you'll never know how accurate or consistent your numbers are. And you'll never know how your L/R balance changes with power output, fatigue, cadence, etc.
    More problems but still living....
  • snowley
    snowley Posts: 149
    That has been stated as the main problem. You almost need a L/R split power meter to determine your balance, correct this as much as possible so it remains consistent at 50/50 and then you can get a stages.

This I believe is how and why Sky chose to use stages this year.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    What evidence is there to show that you can "correct" your L/R balance? What about whether doing that is beneficial or detrimental to performance? How would you know that it's 50/50 under all conditions anyway?
    More problems but still living....
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    snowley wrote:
    That has been stated as the main problem. You almost need a L/R split power meter to determine your balance, correct this as much as possible so it remains consistent at 50/50 and then you can get a stages.

This I believe is how and why Sky chose to use stages this year.

Sky chose Stages over SRM this year based upon cost.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • amaferanga wrote:
    Teebs_123 wrote:
    LOOK585 wrote:

Thanks.

Not if you don't have 50/50 balance. Unfortunately unless you have a power meter that measures L/R balance you'll never know how accurate or consistent your numbers are. And you'll never know how your L/R balance changes with power output, fatigue, cadence, etc.

does that really matter in the bigger picture since on a bike you can't really train one leg more than the other (aside from such as one legged turbo or some very specific one legged power work) or divert a higher ratio of oxygen useage down one leg, only the internal body systems can actually be trained further, legs pretty much already have a finite power that your muscles in them will allow, further training in the right zones will merely further reduce the stress on your legs allowing greater or easier speed from them with less pain.
    Team4Luke supports Cardiac Risk in the Young