Headset size

gsk82
gsk82 Posts: 3,573
edited February 2014 in Workshop
I'm about to replace the headset on my campag equiped caad5. i've read elsewhere that any campag 1 1/8 45/45 integrated headset will do the job. howeever wiggle sell 3 different variation 10/15/20mm. what do these measurement refer to and will i have to take it apart to see what i need or can i tell externally?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-pro-dro ... 5360284568

Cheers
Gary
"Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago

Comments

• styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    cant view the link, but it probably refers to the height of the carbon cone spacer that sits on top of the headset?
  • gsk82
    ...also would the headset come with bearings? I've never bought one before, I've just taken one apart n put it all back together.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    gsk82 wrote:
    I'm about to replace the headset on my campag equiped caad5. i've read elsewhere that any campag 1 1/8 45/45 integrated headset will do the job. howeever wiggle sell 3 different variation 10/15/20mm. what do these measurement refer to and will i have to take it apart to see what i need or can i tell externally?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ritchey-pro-dro ... 5360284568

Cheers
    Gary

You do realise that a Campag fit headset has nothing to do with the groupset the bike is fitted with?
    A Campag fit headset is a type of headset standard(referring to the size of the bearings)
    I'm not familiar with the Caad5 model but the headset you suggest is one of the commonest types on road bikes(or has been up until tapered headsets were introduced)
    And ,yes, the headset will come with the bearings and a top cap and top cap bolt. Some also come with star fangled fitting too.
  • gsk82
    yes i did realise, but only because i read it elsewhere. cheers