Good places in W London for saddles...

menthel
menthel Posts: 2,484
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
I am in need of a couple of new saddles- the bog standard one on the 00 is slippery and not hugely comfortable and the Avatar Comp on the Italia, whilst comfy is made out of cheese and is ripped and starting to fall apart.

What I want is a comfy, all day saddle with a middle channel and not too much padding. What I really want is to find a nice LBS that will let me try a few but I can't identify one in and around Raynes Park. Any ideas? Spesh and Fizik saddles are of most interest (I like the look of the arione versus k:ium).
RIP commute...
Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    Sigma in Hampton Wick.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • menthel
    Asprilla wrote:
    Sigma in Hampton Wick.

Will they do the lending/measuring thing? I couldn't find out from their website. Still, its not too far to go and my wife is going to the running shop up there on Sunday...
    RIP commute...
    Sometimes seen bimbling around on a purple Fratello Disc or black and red Aprire Vincenza.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    thebikewhisperer has a number of Selle SMP saddles they lend out, so you can try before you buy.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • menthel
    drlodge wrote:
    thebikewhisperer has a number of Selle SMP saddles they lend out, so you can try before you buy.

Newbury is a little bit of a trip! ;)
    RIP commute...
  • tetm
    tetm Posts: 564
    menthel wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

The London Cycle Workshop by Clapham Junction have Selle Italia and Fizik test saddles, and Zeevon the other side of CJ have a good range of Fizik testers too.
  • menthel
    tetm wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

The London Cycle Workshop by Clapham Junction have Selle Italia and Fizik test saddles, and Zeevon the other side of CJ have a good range of Fizik testers too.

Thanks- walked past LCW last night so that is nice and easy to get to.
    RIP commute...
  • Specialized concept stores are a good bet. Sit on the arse measurer thing to get the right size. After riding it, if you don't like the saddle you can swap it for a different one.
  • menthel
    Specialized concept stores are a good bet. Sit on the ars* measurer thing to get the right size. After riding it, if you don't like the saddle you can swap it for a different one.

If I get to Kingston this weekend I will add it to my list!
    RIP commute...
  • ShandyH
    ShandyH Posts: 555
    tetm wrote:
    menthel wrote:
    drlodge wrote:

Really good shop too. That said I have Selle SMP's on my bikes and absolutely love them.
  • I'd have thought any Specialized shop has test saddles. Putney Cycles did a couple of years back. Sigma and Specialized concept store did too.