Waterloo area?

okgo
okgo Posts: 4,368
edited February 2014 in Commuting chat
Might be working from this location for a bit in the future, and though it would usually make sense for me to get the train as I'm Surbiton, I wondered if anyone knew of the local area.

I'm quite sure the building doesn't have any facilities, so it would be a case of needing to find something around there in terms of bike storage and showering etc..

I know H2 bike/run places are a great thing, but the nearest one is in Soho!

So what do people that work in that area do? And in general, if your office has neither bike storage or showers, what do you do? I've been spoiled this far in my time in London but many people seem to get by, so tell me how :D
Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    No cycling and Konditor & Cook on your doorstep? Gonna get fat.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • okgo
    Indeed.

There must be a solution for those people that ride in to work but don't have the facilities in house?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • asprilla
    http://Www.thegymgroup.com

Open 24/7 and costs £20.99 a month with no contract. The downside of off site facilities is the time wasted travelling backwards and forwards between the two.

Either that or one of the arches opposite K&C houses a gay sauna.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • okgo
    Where do you keep the bike though...
  • asprilla
    okgo wrote:
    Where do you keep the bike though...

Next to your desk. Or the racks at the station opposite the cab ranks, next to the Boris bike park.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Or the racks at the end of (some of) the platforms.
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    ride to soho?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • okgo
    Then what?

It needs to make sense timewise a little bit, otherwise the train always wins as its 15 or so mins from Surbiton.
  • My new place has showers but nowhere to keep my bike so just take the commuter in and lock outside. Though when I start racing mid week I'm going to get a really thin bike bag that I can just stick in my backpack and pop the bike in and keep in the office.
  • okgo wrote:
    Then what?

It needs to make sense timewise a little bit, otherwise the train always wins as its 15 or so mins from Surbiton.

Since when has the time taken been a factor in cycling to work? Oh, wait. London. Carry on :wink:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    There are loads of bike racks at Waterloo station itself. Opposite exit 3 on Station Approach. Never used them so can't say how many spaces there are in the morning. Judging from streetview it looks pretty rammed.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.50368 ... A9todw!2e0

Where has the shorturl option gone???????