modified Fuji Team RC 2009, is it worth it?

Mossy_Fibres
Mossy_Fibres Posts: 4
edited February 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am looking for a carbon bike and have seen this one second hand, which looks OK (http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/make- ... 1048851135).

It has several modifications like an upgraded handle bar, stem, seatpost, saddle, wheels etc and I was wondering what you guys think about the price (£1500)?

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Cheers,

Comments

• BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    Great value (assuming the seat post has a roll of twenty £50 notes stuffed down it).

Also, that stem is the stubbiest I have ever seen.
  • Thanks for this BR 1979. Hmm, I guess not then... Anyone else, just to be objective :) ? Thanks,
  • BR 1979
    BR 1979 Posts: 296
    I think some people are very unrealistic with asking prices. I prefer to buy new, but wouldn't be negative about buying from someone on the forum with a bit of history.

There is nothing special about this bike, imo, and the modifications are very much personal in their application and also their appeal.

If you want it, bid him what you feel it's worth and leave a phone number. :)
  • Yeah, I agree. Also, many times people bid a lot on ebay on 2nd hand items and in the end there's not much difference compared to buying it new. I am just unfamiliar with how much the value of a cycle goes down over time, so getting some idea here is quite helpful. Thanks!